Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number for two showcase instances

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
aldipa
997 Views, 22 Replies

Port number for two showcase instances

Hello everyone!
I'm new here so in the beginning i apologize if this was already asked, but i surfed the forum a bit and didn't find answers..

I'm using sc14 and I would to show two different version of the same project (e.g. a car) in two distinct sc's windows (I start two separate instances of sc).

I have a problem with the port number of the second instance, because I can control the first from a port 5555 (localhost: 5555), while the second one does not know to which port responds,

Is there anyone who can answer that question?

Sorry for any typo, writing from mobile browser

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
cikho
in reply to: aldipa

sorry if i ask, but i'm not sure what you are asking:

are you trying to control showcase from a browser interface (using localhots:5555 in the browser), with 2 showcase istances running on the same pc at the same time (poor pc 😛 ), or are you trying to connect 2 machines , one istance each) and control them one from the other?

or, both from a third device using the browser?

is this needed for scene comparison?

are you running a pro version of showcase?

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 23
MarionLandry
in reply to: cikho

Why don't you used the feature Compare scene side by side?

1. Load the scenes into the CompareScenes interface.

Add additional scenes to compare

2. Select Present > Side-by-Side.

The first two scenes are shown side-by-side. The interface switches to presentation mode.

If you are already in presentation mode, you can also click this button.

3. A split view appears, with a different scene shown in each side. 
    1. .

For each side, the active scene in the Compare Scenes interface is shown with the eye icon. The icon for the scene on the other side is grayed out.

2. The cameras for both sides are locked, meaning objects in both sides move the same way as you navigate around the scene.

You can change the camera angles for both sides by navigating around in either side, by clicking on the ViewCube, or by selecting shots, turntables, or alternatives. In all cases, the objects in both sides move the same way.

3. If you have loaded three or more scenes, you can change the scene on either side by clicking on the icons in the Compare Scenes interface.
    4. To exit from the side-by-side views:
      • To go back to authoring the scene, press the Tab key.
      • To keep presenting the scene, click this icon on the side of the scene you want to view:
    Switch between scenes in either side-by-side view
    • Press C to view the Compare Scenes interface on either side. Click a scene icon to change the scene on that side.
    • To cycle forwards through three or more loaded scenes, select Present > Compare Scenes Navigation to view a submenu. From that submenu, select which side you want to change (or select Swap Left and Rightto change scenes on both sides).
Message 4 of 23
aldipa

@cikho wrote:

sorry if i ask, but i'm not sure what you are asking:

are you trying to control showcase from a browser interface (using localhots:5555 in the browser), with 2 showcase istances running on the same pc at the same time (poor pc 😛 ), or are you trying to connect 2 machines , one istance each) and control them one from the other?

or, both from a third device using the browser?

is this needed for scene comparison?

are you running a pro version of showcase?

I thank you for the answers.

yes! 
i would control showcase from a browser interface using localhost:5555 in the browser with 2 showcase istances running on the same pc at the same time (the pc is very strong! 😛 ), but I can not get it!

If I have 2 SC istances running, only the first one I started listening to commands from the browser, the other no.

I'm using a pro version.

Message 5 of 23
aldipa
in reply to: MarionLandry

MarionLandry your solution is useful,
but this way I can only compare the two scenes with the presentation.

Instead I would like to compare two scenes and, at the same time, be able to modify elements of a scene (eg the color of a component).

It is possible do this?

Message 6 of 23
cikho

unfortunately i think you cannot do what you want.
since it works on a server, it creates a small network. if you start a second server (provided it actually starts the second time), it would be also a second network and therefore it can't work..

this happens because you don't have any control on the connection, if we could have access to the connection options, it could be possible to connect showcase's 2nd instance to the same server..

Message 7 of 23
aldipa

@cikho wrote:
if we could have access to the connection options, it could be possible to connect showcase's 2nd instance to the same server..

this would be great if it would be possible.

I try to do it according to the solution proposed by MarionLandry, you know what are the functions (so as to control them from the browser) to use?

Message 8 of 23
aldipa

I found the feature to enable mode "compare scenes" (I used the COMPARISON_UI_SET_MODE) but I do not find that to "add additional scenes to compare" and for displaying "side by side",

do you know what?

Message 9 of 23
cikho

just use a OPEN_SCENE command.
afaik, if you do not use a CLOSE_SCENE before opening a new one, it openes the 2 scenes in comparison mode..

note that i'm only 50% sure of this 😛

Message 10 of 23
aldipa

@cikho wrote:
just use a OPEN_SCENE command.
afaik, if you do not use a CLOSE_SCENE before opening a new one, it openes the 2 scenes in comparison mode..

note that i'm only 50% sure of this 😛

command OPEN_SCENE does not seem to exist Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 23
cikho

• APPLICATION_LOAD_SCENE

sorry 😛

Message 12 of 23
aldipa

well, APPLICATION_LOAD_SCENE loads the scene, but if I do it after I activated the compare mode the object on the scene disappears Smiley Sad

although I active mode manually on showcase side by side mode, I see the empty background only

Message 13 of 23
aldipa

I gave up the idea of having two different instances of SC, I'm trying to start a side-by-side from a browser interface but for now I can not find the function that does this,
maybe it's better to close this topic and start a new one?

Message 14 of 23
cikho

are you sure it is worth to use 2 scenes?
why you don't use alternatives instead?

Message 15 of 23
aldipa

@cikho wrote:
are you sure it is worth to use 2 scenes?
why you don't use alternatives instead?

yes, I need to show two scenes at the same time to compare them. I do not know if I can do this with alternatives. 
With "COMPARISON_UI_SET_MODE" function I can activate "COMPARE SCENE" (Present menu in the dialog SC) through the browser interface, now I need the function that executes the command to add scenes.

Message 16 of 23
cikho

i think i got it solved, try the command
STAGE_OPEN..

this is the command streamed when you add a scene in showcase comparison mode!

Also, remember to use double / instead of single when putting the file adress..

the proper list of command should include the
STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST after the scene 2 is loaded

don't have time to provide a working template right now, but will do if you can't manage to get it solved with this hints 😄

always use whocase console + echomessage, it gives a lot of hints on what is happening!

better have 2 screen, one with viewport and the other with console 
hope it helps

Message 17 of 23
aldipa

great!
STAGE_OPEN does just what I needed.
thanks for that.

@cikho wrote:

Also, remember to use double / instead of single when putting the file adress..

can you explain? I did not understand this.

Also, I did not understand if the
STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST
I have to do it or not, it seems to me that it is executed automatically.

Finally, if I press on Present / Side-by-Syde according console runs as shown in the picture:

show.jpg

I should use the same function to activate it, is not it?

Message 18 of 23
cikho

you have to use // instead of /, that's what i meant, but i think you got it already 😛

stage active list let you decide if a scene goes on the right or on the left, but if it does it automatically nevermind, you don't need it 😄

glad it worked 🙂

Message 19 of 23
aldipa

@cikho wrote:
you have to use // instead of /, that's what i meant, but i think you got it already 😛

stage active list let you decide if a scene goes on the right or on the left, but if it does it automatically nevermind, you don't need it 😄

glad it worked 🙂

ah ok! I understand now! Smiley Happy

seeing the picture I posted above, I have tried to use this: 

<a href="#" onclick="send_request('STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST::[(Right:C:\\TMP\\Project-name.zip),(Left:\'\']');">STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST</a>

SC gives me this error message:

erroreSC.jpg

while if I try this:

<a href="#" onclick="send_request('STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST::[(Right:C:\\TMP\\Project-name.zip),(Left:\\'\\']');">STAGE_ACTIVE_LIST</a>

both SC and the console return me anything and on the scene and nothing happens (Compare Scene Mode has already been activated, and the second scene loaded)

where am I wrong?

Message 20 of 23
aldipa

ps: I added the missing ) before ]  Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report