Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Inventor Constraints not working as behaviours in Showcase

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bellehaven66
914 Views, 5 Replies

Named Inventor Constraints not working as behaviours in Showcase

I have an Inventor constraint that I want to animate in showcase, but am not having any luck getting it to work.

I've named the constraint and selected it for translation into Showcase. When I view the model in Showcase, the behaviour shows up, but will not animate. The animation controls dialogue is 'greyed out', so the play button can't be clicked.

I must be missing something, but have run into a dead end. Any help is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fravat
in reply to: bellehaven66

Hello,

I havnt test it in Showcase 2013 but in 2012 ther's a lot of limitation with this functionnality.

-NO accent / special caracters in the name of your part, AND in the name of the folder
EX : C:\plôp\hélice\hélice.ipt

MUST BE : c\plop\helice\helice.ipt ...

-I don't really remember but some constraint doesn't work with the shwocase behaviors. try to change critical constraint (remove) and see if import is good or not.

Hope it help
Message 3 of 6
MarionLandry
in reply to: bellehaven66

Hi,
I have just uploaded a video that show how to import Inventor Constraints into showcase while using the suite workflow, perhaps this will help?
http://youtu.be/WISYIe71Du8
Message 4 of 6
MarionLandry
in reply to: fravat

HI,
Actually, there are lot of improvements with importing constraint with this year Showcase (2013)
for example:
-you can now import multiple constraints, which was not possible in 2012.
We have also tested the accent and special character (ÀÂÄÈÉÊËÎÏÔŒÙÛÜŸ
ÄäÖöÜü߀) and they all came in without problems. The only issue we ran into was the Horizontal bar “|”. So I think it's really fare to said that Showcase 2013 is a much stronger version and if you are planning to import Inventor constraints, I would strongly suggest that you used our latest version as well as installing SP2 that you can find on our main site: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19668223&linkID=9242539

Then, if you still run into special character or accent importing issues.. Let us know.. And we will investigate further.

Marion
Message 5 of 6
dpac18
in reply to: MarionLandry

Hello,

I am having the same problem.

After confirming my drive constrain is working in Inventor I'm sending it to Showcase through suite workflow and I'm finding the same result as above, where the behaviour is greyed out and not working.

Any help?

Thanks

Dave

Message 6 of 6

follow this post to verify if is your problem:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Importing-Constraints-from-Inventor-main-assembly/td-p/4258581...

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report