Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Transform Won't Allow View Cube to Rotate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
479 Views, 1 Reply

Light Transform Won't Allow View Cube to Rotate

All,

I am relatively new to Showcase, but I have a weird situation that I wanted to post.  In showcase, I can create an accent light cone, but have some issues when I wish to reposition the light.  If I select the light to transform it, I can no longer make use of the View Cube.  When I click on a different face of the View Cube (while selecting the light to reposition it), the orientation instantly switches back to the original orientation and disregards the View Cube face selection.  This doesn't happen when I select model geometry, which I thought was a little odd.

This isn't a show stopper, by any means, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make this work.  If I deselect the light (don't try to move it), then I can navigate using the View Cube just fine.  Perhaps there is some setting that I need to change or something that I may be missing.  Didn't see any updates or Service packs that covered this, but am open to that possibility.  Thanks in advance for any help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cikho
in reply to: petestrycharske

this happens because the view cube positions the camera in a relative position to the selection..

since accent light have no precise dimension, the software has problems positioning the cameras.. what i can suggest is to use the cube befor selecting any light, or create shots of the orthogonal views from the cube..

just for clarifications, this is probabluy a bug that was not fixed, since it happens only for the lights and not for other non-dimensional things (decal grips for example)

hope it helps

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report