Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Background Image to Showcase (2015)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gc
Explorer
6033 Views, 6 Replies

Import Background Image to Showcase (2015)

How do you import an image to use as a background in Showcase (2015)? / Where can you download the correct panoramic type of image?

I would like this for commercial use

Cheers,

Graham

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cikho
in reply to: gc

to import, press "e" on you keyboard.

this will load the Environment UI.

on the top you'll see the environment loaded in scene (if more than one) and the currently selected one.

right click, properties.

the winbdow that will open up, has 2 folders:
lighting and Background.

depending on what you want to change, and depending wether or not the background has the same image of the lighting, you can browse for the image you want

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 7
MarionLandry
in reply to: cikho

More information for you.

There are 3 ways to think about your question:

1. You want a different type of lighting driven by an HDRI image of your choice
  2. You will use the lighitng provide by one of the Showcase environment but want to see as different image in the viewport background
  3. YOu will render the image in Showcase using the environment but want to composit your scene with an photo you hav

Option 1: 

You need to find a royalty free image or purchase an image only. It need to be an HDRI Longitunal image. There is a wealth of HDRI longitunal image available on the internet for free and for sale. You will need to do this under the lighting Tab of the environment properties. 

LongitunalHDRI.jpg

Option 2: it is possible to load just a background image in the viewport. This will also affect the material reflection as the material will reflect the background image.  This image doesn't have to be HDRI but need to be longitunal.

You will do that under the Background tab of the Environment properties

Different-background.jpg

Option 3: You can choose to render your image as a PSD file and change the background in Photoshop. 

Rendering a PSD file will separate the object, the shadow and the environment in 3 different layer giving you the option to replace the environment by any image you like. 

psd.png

Hope this helps Clarify things further for you. 

Marion

Message 4 of 7
MarionLandry
in reply to: MarionLandry

You can look at the process in this video: http://youtu.be/ar0VivUjXqI

Marion

Message 5 of 7
gc
Explorer
in reply to: MarionLandry

Hi Marion,

You seem to know what your talking about so just another quick question...

I need to import a image for a Football Stadium into showcase. For this to work I need a radiance file (.hdr) extension.

Do you know of a converter that actually saves a jpeg (or several) into a hdri file? with the extension .hdr

Alternatively a good site to download an image like this?

Thanks,

Graham

Message 6 of 7
MarionLandry

Hi,

You won't be able to do that actually. The HDRI image are built of multiple images at different light exposure. The HDRI images containt light information. A JPG does not. There is a lot of information out there on how to create a HDRI image. 

This is one example http://youtu.be/OD_p9bTpbQ4

Message 7 of 7
josejuan.gonzalez

I just want to load an image HDRI like Lighting image and the same HDRi for the background, but not load, I can´t see the background and somecases the lighting not show to.

And how is the best process to create this Background, I can use whatever HDRI image?, or I need and specific parameter.

And for the background what could be the best practice to do this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report