Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save everything but object

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JPDu
751 Views, 2 Replies

How to save everything but object

Hello there,

After searching for a bit it seems as though I am the only one who hasn't figured this one out. I have a scene with all the right lighting and the perfect camera angle, however now that I have saved the image, I would like to replace the object but have the same camera angle/position, lighting and environment.

Is there a way to do this? To give you some context, I am working on a product catalogue with rendered images, which is why I would like to have the camera angle etc. exactly the same.

How can I save the lighting/environment? I figure for the camera angle I can just use a shot.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cikho
in reply to: JPDu

my suggestion is to render (in raytrace) the complete scene with various versions so you can have the same shadows etc and then save single snapshots (not in raytrace) in .psd format of only the parts changing in the renders, with the others hidden.
when you save in .psd environment, shadow and object are saved in separate layers.

in this way you can use the model layer as a mask for the render.

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: JPDu

Hi JPD,

you can create your standard scene, save it as .a3s, with your(s) enviroments, your lights sets, all your settings and camera shots.

I would save it too with a reference for your models position (a cube, a sphere). Solid that will be hided when you will insert and put in position your new model.

When you have your standard scene you can import your model, put them in the correct position and you have written use one or more shots.

You can use the organizer to hide o delete models.. alternatives.. etc...

Good luck!

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report