Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with matching a color.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
llamas91
372 Views, 2 Replies

Help with matching a color.

So im trying to create a color that matches or closesly ressembles the color on the part shown in the picture.

Ive gone through just about all the showcase materials and tweaked them trying to get as close as possible.

But i feel ive exhausted all my knowledge on creating a custom material. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly offered.

Note that the color does not have to exactly match but just be close.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This problem is similar to this post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Ray-tracing-of-metal-parts/m-p/4896582#U4896582

Maybe you can post what you have already tried, so we can try other settings....

This is what i have tried.....

But one thing that a think is the big problem is the imperfection of the model. Cad model has perfect surfaces, the model in the photo has imperfect surfaces and fillets... this can change the perception of the color and reflections.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Christian_Garimberti

quickest method for an approximation would be to use the steel satin hammered, or at the least the bump map from that material (might even need to modify it a bit in PS or the GIMP). Otherwise a normal map similar to this would be a decent starting point. and be sure to set the scale of the 'texturing' coreectly in order to see the effect.

if you want the bubbles from the casting too... well then you'll need to create your own normal map and position it correctly for your lighting scenario... in order to make them 'inny' rather than 'outy'... 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report