Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Showcase 2014 Questions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PKorb
763 Views, 7 Replies

General Showcase 2014 Questions

There are a couple of fairly basic things I'm trying to acomplish in Showcase 2014 and while I know they were a concern with earlier versions I wanted to know if these had been addressed in 2014 or even 2015 as I have the option to upgrade.

-Cutaways visable with ray tracing enabled

-Animating Springs

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MarionLandry
in reply to: PKorb

HI,

Cross section cannot be rendered in Ray Tracing mode for both 2014 and 2015

Animating Spring? I have no idea what that means? Can you be more precise or give me an example?

What I can say is the following, only move, rotate and scale can be animated in Showcase. Either via importing an animated FBX or directly creating the animation in Showcase. If you are animation in 3ds Max Design, you can use move, rotate and scale keyframe animation and it will come accross in Showcase. Does that help?

CrossSectionHardware-Raytraced.jpg

Marion

Message 3 of 8
PKorb
in reply to: MarionLandry

You answered my main concern (about the cross section). Are there any plans on fixing this?

The other bullet was "animating springs" as in the ability to animate mechanical springs of any kind (e.g. compression, extention, belleville, etc.) Im fairly certian this is not at all possible in 2014 and was wondering about 2015.

Message 4 of 8
MarionLandry
in reply to: PKorb

Hi,

unfortunatly I cannot share the future development of any of the software I am involved in. 

For animating a mechanical spring, I think if you can manage to scale the spring on one axis only, it would be the best you could do in Showcase. 

Marion

Message 5 of 8
PKorb
in reply to: MarionLandry

Yes, thats more or less what i was asking. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8

If you try to scale the spring on 1 axis, you make a deformation on the wire.
The round wire section, if you scale the spring, become elliptical....
But if in your animation the spring is little, maybe you didn't see the deformation of the wire...
Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

To render sections in showcase, it is better to start with a model already sectioned in the software you used to create the model.
So you have two benefits...
1. You have the mesh in the section plane, so you can see material like a true cut.
2. You can render in ray tracing....

But you can't animate the section....
It depend on the result you want.
Hope this can help you.
Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

@c.garimberti,

That actually occured to me after my origional post. I believe that will give me the result i am most looking for. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report