Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a standard camera view and lighting settings

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
llamas91
753 Views, 9 Replies

Creating a standard camera view and lighting settings

Im going to start rendering several light fixtures, with various color combinations.

Ideally i want all the fixtures to have the same camera angle, and same lighting setting.

Is there a way to do this in Showcase, where i can set up the lighting angle as well as the camera view i would like to see the fixture in, and then be able to transfer those settings onto another file and adjust the settings for that specific model?

As of right now ive done 4, and each one has a slightly different lighting setting, and the camera view is always different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cikho
in reply to: llamas91

why you don't use a single file with more fixtures in it and use use alternatives to switch from one to the other?

in this way the camera and the light are the same, but you just switch colors using a material linepu in alternatives 🙂

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 10
llamas91

I've never done alternative views. How exactly does that work?
Message 4 of 10
cikho

alternatives are not views..

they just create a different status for the same object..

status can be a different material, a different position.. or even a different object (hide one, show the other)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv5xHjKUu8E

here is a quick tutorial 🙂

Message 5 of 10
llamas91

I just watched the video, and it seems like its what im trying to accomplish.

Correct me if im wrong. I have about 5 different style fixtures, with various color material combinations. I assume for what i wanna do i would be using Material Lineup.

My question here is, would i be able to insert all 5 different fixture models intot he same scene and be able to create Visibility Lineups in combination with Material Lineup?

Example would be:

I insert one model, i create all the material lineups for the model and the color combinations, I then Insert another model, and hide the previous model and then create the material lineups for the second model. I keep doing this until i finished inserting and create my alternate lineups.

Would that be the proper way to go about doing such a task?

Message 6 of 10
cikho

quite like that..
instead of hiding, you have to create a visibility lineup, with one alternative containing each fixture type..

then a material lineup containing the various combinations of colors/finishing..

you don't have to create a material lineup for each fixture type, you can add all the fixtures sharing the same finishing/color scheme, to the same material alternative.. it will be the visibility lineup to hide/show the proper one.

Message 7 of 10
llamas91
in reply to: cikho

Ok. I think i understand. I will try this at work on Monday. Since i dont have remote acces to my work computer. I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all your help!

Message 8 of 10
llamas91

Ok, so i rendered all the color combinations for the fixture i needed. Now im at the point where i gotta insert another model.

I tried to do the alternatives but im having trouble setting it up.

I did two alternatives. One is the fixture with the long goose neck, and the other is the short straight one.

In one laternative the goose necks shows up by itself, while in the other once both models show up. i try to hide the model i dont need to show in the other alternative. But it keeps showing up. Also, because of the different sizes, one camera view will fit perfectly while the other model will not.

This is what i have so far in terms of alternatives.
Ideally like i metioned before. i would love to have an alternative of one model and then click another alternative view, and show the other model byitself though.

Anykeypoints to help set this up properly?

Message 9 of 10
llamas91

I apologize. I got it figured out! The steps i took were completely messed up!

Thank you!

Message 10 of 10
cikho

glad you got it solved! 🙂

for any tips and trick, by the way, follow marion's youtube channel!

it's full of this kind of advices and other tutorials showing the basics of showcase.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report