Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge for Showcase users! One designer will earn a $5k incentive.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
MarionLandry
2216 Views, 11 Replies

Challenge for Showcase users! One designer will earn a $5k incentive.

Design for Morgan Motor Company 'Render Them Speechless' with Autodesk, HP, NVIDIA and Morgan Motor Company #AutoDesign

If you have additional technical questions, please post them here.

The Challenge

Designers and digital artists are invited to collaborate with the leaders in product design, 3D technology and advertising by producing a magazine advertisement for the Morgan Motor Company 3 Wheeler, to help launch their latest 3 Wheeler at a major automotive trade show. Submissions will be reviewed by an esteemed panel of judges.

The Magazine Advertisement

The winning magazine advertisement will be featured in the official Morgan Motors magazine MOG and other publications to be determined. This is your opportunity to be the Morgan Motor Company art director, and define the creative content.

The advertisement you submit must include a rendering of the 3 Wheeler generated with either Autodesk® Inventor, Autodesk® Showcase or Autodesk® 3ds Max Design (using iray).  Everything else (text, logos, graphics, etc) is up to your creative direction.

The Details

View the Guidelines for specific application instructions or consult the Autodesk® Product Design Suite visualization tutorials featuring Lynn Allen and the Product Design Suite graphics optimization guide.

The Judges' Choice

The grand prize winner will have their design displayed in the Morgan Motor Company exhibit at a major automotive trade show. The winning design will also be featured in a Morgan Motors marketing campaign.

In addition, the winner will receive:

• $5,000
  • HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation with  Quadro graphics valued at $4,400
  • Exposure for their submission which will be featured on Autodesk®, HP and NVIDIA's social media channels
  • A feature on Morgan 3 Wheeler's official website
  • A feature in the official Morgan Motors magazine, MOG, distributed worldwide
  • A signed copy of the book 'Morgan: 100 Years: The Official History of the World's Greatest Sports Car'
  • Selection of Morgan Motors branded merchandise

One runner-up (as determined by the Judges) will receive:

• HP Z1 all-in-one workstation with  Quadro graphics, valued at $4,092
  • Exposure for their submission which will be featured on Autodesk®, HP and NVIDIA's social media channels

People's Choice (Determined by Popular Vote)

The highest voted designer will receive:

• HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation with  Quadro graphics, valued at $2,699

Get Involved

Launch: December 2, 2013

Submit by: March 26, 2014

Vote: March 27, 2014 - April 10, 2014
Winner Announcement: May 5, 2014

All phases close at 10am PST.

How The Judges Will Choose

The Judges will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.

Judging Criteria:

1. Originality of 3 Wheeler material design and customization
  2. Quality of rendering
  3. Originality of advertisement concept
  4. Quality of overall advertisement

Guidelines

Qualifying entrants must complete the following steps in order to be considered:

1. Download Autodesk® Product Design Suite Trial or AutoCAD Design Suite 2014 Trial (see trial download tips)
  2. Download the relevant Morgan 3 Wheeler design files
  3. Download the Showcase 2014 Hotfix (required)
  4. Open the downloaded Morgan 3 Wheeler design files in either Autodesk® Inventor 2014, Autodesk® Showcase 2014, or Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2014 (included with the Autodesk® Product Design Suite 2014 and AutoCAD Design Suite 2014)
  5. Customize and decorate your Morgan 3 Wheeler in either Autodesk® Inventor 2014, Autodesk® Showcase 2014 or Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2014
  6. Capture a rendering of your Morgan 3 Wheeler using either Autodesk® Inventor, Autodesk® Showcase or Autodesk® 3ds Max Design using iray rendering engine (Refer to these instructions for additional guidance)
  7. Incorporate your rendering into an advertisement (using any photo editing software)
  8. The required image should be created using the “portrait” orientation 260mm x180mm @ 300 DPI ( 3070 x 2125 pixel or

10.233”x 7.083”) 

9. Need help? Consult the Autodesk® Product Design Suite visualization tutorials, featuring Lynn Allen and the Product Design Suite graphics optimization guide

Notes

• Qualifying entries must include a rendering of the Morgan 3 Wheeler created with the Autodesk® Product Design Suite or AutoCAD Design Suite
  • Designs must not include third party copyright materials
  • Designs must be submitted in JPEG or PNG format and be no larger than 5MB
  • Participants have the option to include the provided Morgan Three Wheeler logo as part of their design but are not required to
  • Winners will be required to submit their final Autodesk® Inventor 2014, Autodesk® Showcase 2014 or Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2014 files
  • Winners must respond to Talenthouse within seven days of receiving the winner notification email or else will forfeit all prizing
  • Only one entry is permitted per person

Morgan Design Files

1. Two Autodesk® Inventor files - Morgan3Wheeler.zip and Morgan3Wheeler.z01
  2. Autodesk® Showcase file
  3. Autodesk® 3ds Max Design file

Tips for downloading and installing the Autodesk® Product Design Suite 2014 Trial

If you have additional technical questions, please post them here.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
MarionLandry
in reply to: MarionLandry

I have published a Question and Answers document that might help you progress with the competition: http://t.co/3nNLmItNdb

Let me know if you have more questions,

Good luck

Message 3 of 12
MarionLandry

Not sure about the submission process for the Morgan Motor competition? Watch this video http://blog.talenthouse.com/2014/02/27/instructional-video-design-and-ad-for-morgan-motor-company/
Message 4 of 12

As shown in the showcase help, there are some environments that have copyright.

if someone use one of that envs, there are problems?

http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/showcase2014/en_us/files/Help_UseContentLicenseRights.htm

thanks

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 12

There is no problem using the environment included with Showcase. 

Marion

Message 6 of 12
cikho

question:

will the max, inventor and showcase results be separated or there will be only one winner?

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 7 of 12
MarionLandry
in reply to: cikho

There will be only one winner. 

Good luck.

Marion

Message 8 of 12
cikho

hey!
do we know which image won the contest? 🙂
unfortunately i did not have time to do my own, but i'm curious of the final results 😄

Message 9 of 12
Message 10 of 12

nice!

i also love yours actually 😛

Message 11 of 12
MarionLandry
in reply to: cikho

Yes, 

Sorry.. I didn't think about announcing it here.. I will create a new post just now:

It was announced on Monday: https://www.talenthouse.com/i/design-visualization-for-autodesk-morgan-motor-company-hp-nvidia/submi...

Marion

Message 12 of 12
atellierstud

Hey

@MarionLandry do we know which image won the contest?  You can check my work here 3D Product Rendering: https://atellier.in/product-rendering-services/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report