Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Select Objects in Showcase....? Someone help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
434 Views, 6 Replies

Cant Select Objects in Showcase....? Someone help!!!

Hi all.
Wondered if anyone can help me.......
I imported an assembly from Inventor to showcase, which was fine.
Assigned new materials to each part by selecting each object individualy from the actual on screen model. This all worked fine.
I then started doing a few behaviours, storyboard etc.
After i had done a few of these i was unable to select objects on screen from the actual 3d model. It seems the only way to select an object(s) is in the organiser browser.
This is really annoying because my assembly is massive and rather than look through 1000+ objects in the organiser i could just highlight the chunk of items on screen in the area i want to select.
Any idea about why this happens?
Many Thanks
Shaun.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Really silly one, but you didn't inadvertantly hit the TAB key did you, that would put it into Presentation mode and stop you being able to select objects. I'm sure it's not, but I've caught myself out with that a few times so worth the ask.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Not silly at all. Ive only been using Showcase for a few months so still quite a newbie.
However, no, im not in presentation mode. Thanks for your input anyway KellyS.
Need to solve this though. I want to create groups and it takes 3 times as long selecting each part in the organiser than from the model. Not to mention the extra brain power required!
Any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Not sure what is happening, but have you tried the right mouse button (RMB) menu to select? It should give you the full hierarchy of the object you are clicking on.
Message 5 of 7
jmartin

You might need to click on the zoom controls to turn them off. I had trouble selecting till I turned of the zoom controls on the right.
Message 6 of 7
miQlo

Do you have a solution for the problem yet? I have the same problem but only in one of my scenes. If I open another scene or make a new scene the problem is not there.
Message 7 of 7
miQlo

I found the cause. In the organizer there is a check-box next to the hide / un-hide check box, make sure that the arrow is visible in that box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report