Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour Rotation Pivot Point not working...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
oliver.gosling
755 Views, 9 Replies

Behaviour Rotation Pivot Point not working...

Hello Showcase users,

I am an Architectural Technician, new to using Showcase and am currently trying to set up behaviours for doors so they open as I approach them on my fly throughs. I have read all the help, followed a previous explaination that MarionLandry has posted on this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Behavior-Rotation-Pivot/td-p/4838485

which I believe is the same issue as I'm having? (Yes I know I probably should have just put my query in this texisting thread!)

I select the object (door), I follow the procedure to change the pivot point (Insert, S for snap, snap it to the bottom corner of the object), I then create my Animation Key Frame behaviour, change the angle of the door so it is open and then save the second key frame. Therefore I should have an object (door) that opens by pivoting around it's new pivot point on the edge/bottom corner?!

However, when I run the behaviour it rotates the door in a completely random path, with the entire door moving and then finishing in the position I want! I have taken Marion's advice and included a screen capture below.

Hopefully you can see what the obvious issue is and better yet, tell me how to fix it? I am literally about to throw my computer out the window!

http://screencast.com/t/wP3voimyjbJ

Please, please help!

Thanks in advance

Oli

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Could you send the scene in your screenshot?

just to test it.

I used behaviors many times, straight movements and rotations. Never had problems.

You are using showcase 2013, you can try to download the trial version of 2015 and test in this version.

Or, at least, verify that you have all the service packs installed.

Let us know your results.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

How is best to send the scene? Sorry I'm not that great on using forums.
Message 4 of 10

File - Save Scene and Textures As...

Immagine1.png

then save as zip file

Cattura2.PNG

Christian Garimberti

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

Thanks, hopefully the zip file is attached in this post?

I have tried it with few different files though, working down from the model I wished to fly through, simplifying it as I struggled until the model contained just a single object that I am trying (and failing) to rotate around a set point!

Message 6 of 10

The model in your scene is imported from an Fbx file.

From where the Fbx is created?

I have tried with your model in sc 2015 and i have your problem.

I have tried with another model imported directly from inventor and everything is ok.

Christian Garimberti

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

It's an AutoCAD file I have exported to an FBX

Message 8 of 10

I think you can import directly the dwg file, without converting in fbx.
Try.

Christian Garimberti

EESignature

Message 9 of 10

you can get it solved by creating a group via the organizer, change the pivot of the group, and then add the whole group to the keyframe animation and not the single object.

this will also give you the chance to add things to the group in a second moment and get them animated properly without any additional effort, since they will be part of an animated group. (of course you have to add the new objects to the group in the proper startiung position) 🙂

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 10 of 10
oliver.gosling
in reply to: cikho

Thank you guys, especially cikho. Grouping the objects (door leaf and handles) seemed to make it work, although I think I was also not staying in the behaviour edit dialogue box when moving the door to it's "open" position, so there was an issue with setting the key frames.

Either way, it's all sorted. Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report