Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior Rotation Pivot

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
judyyu
960 Views, 5 Replies

Behavior Rotation Pivot

Hi,

When I create a behavior with a new pivot point, it rotate by another pivot point, seem like the pivot point of the scene instead of the objet. It only happened in one job. Is there a command i did wrong? I would use "Insert", G the S to snap to the corner, for example to open a door. 

Thanks,

Judy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cikho
in reply to: judyyu

did you work with groups (in the object lister) and maybe changed the pivot of a certain object after putting it in the behavior list of objects?

because sometimes it screws up the whole animation..

and as far as i know is quite difficult to have it solved..

i don't know if this is the case, but what happened to me, was that i had the door animation to work initially, then somehow moved the group object tree, and after that the door started rotating in a completely different way. starting and ending in the exact position i have specifyed but rotating around a completely different pivot.

what i can suggest (but i've nevere tryed) is to completely reset all transformations..

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 6
MarionLandry
in reply to: judyyu

Hi Judy,

wow.. it's really hard to know what exactly you are talking about without seeing some visuals.. 

I have recorded a small video of the behavior creation with the file you have sent me. 

It is always a good idea to record the action with Jing and send a quick video.. other wise.. I have no idea what you are talking about. 

What I did in the video is:

1-Select the door - now if you have multiple object you want to rotate all at once, You need to group them first and then select the group from the organizer

2-Press "insert" and change the pivot point to where it made sense- I used the snap tool

3-Create a behavior - not a turntable but a keyframe animation

4-Add keyframe for open and close states. 

bingo: http://screencast.com/t/ZTb43j9wezfh

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MarionLandry

Hi,

Does someone found something for this ? I'm having the exact same problem...

Here's a screencast :

http://autode.sk/1MnmCnA

Message 5 of 6
Christian_Garimberti
in reply to: Anonymous

Hy,

in the transform properties, try to press "center pivot" and "move to natural pivot" several times before to change your pivot point.

sometimes works...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general/keyframe-position-error/m-p/5157453#M2190

bie

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Christian_Garimberti

Thanks for that tip.

I'll try it out.

I found out WHY the bugs occurs in my case.

I was placing a window, and because i have several different sizes, i used the scale in Showcase.

But i didn't made uniform scale, in fact i changed X and Z scale, but Y scale stayed the same. After that change, the pivot problem started to occur.

To correct this i had to use Inventor to scale objects before puting them at the right scale, and everything went fine after that.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report