Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha Channel - Masks - to render animation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
caebrasil
723 Views, 5 Replies

Alpha Channel - Masks - to render animation

Hello everybody,
We are trying to save an animation sequence from Showcase, but we need masks of the objects to apply an environment on post-production.
TIF format does not give me options, as well as any of the other options....
Does anyone have any suggestion on this?

Regards,

Caetano Brasil
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: caebrasil

Bump.

I'm looking to make the background/environment a solid color that I can key out in Adobe After effects. I've looked online for solid color environments, having no luck.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
miQlo

If you render out your image as a TIFF, an alpha is included. Try render your animation as a image sequence(TIFF)and compose it premiere or similar. I have not tried it myself but it should work.
Message 4 of 6
miQlo
in reply to: miQlo

Sorry, just noticed that you already tried that. Try opening one of the images in photoshop to see if an alpha is available. When I render TIFFs and open them in photoshop the background is automatically removed.
Message 5 of 6
msouza

i got the same problem here Caetano ! 🙂

So after crying on my shower and tried everything i just saw a little checkbox on PREF>Performace...

"Use Precalculated ambient Shadows"

So, i unchecked it and voilá ! It’s working now!!!

With this option checked only Saving Stills produce good Alpha channel when using enviroments...
Message 6 of 6
msreckovic

Glad you found the workaround, though I can't reproduce it myself. I do know that this is a ray-tracing mode defect, a regression in 2013, and that the alpha channel only gets correctly saved when using the hardware rendering mode. I'll try to the "no precalculated shadows" option a bit more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report