Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vic doesn't remove unused frames

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1827 Views, 5 Replies

vic doesn't remove unused frames

I have a problem with getting unused frames deleted from my framestore. Well they do get deleted if i delete the entire project. But old temporary export timelines etc. lives there as a plague on my storage.

Got the fantastic idea to consult the support on Autodesk website and i tried running vic from the terminal / with no luck!

Any suggestions for what to do/try?

Here's the last few lines from the terminal when running vic:

Extracting frames from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/Timelines.000.clib.
Extracted 76132 frames.
Extracting frames from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/Old movies.000.clib.
Extracted 2762 frames.
Extracting frames from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/Graphics.000.clib.
Extracted 20 frames.
Extracting frames from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/editing.000.desk.
Extracted 0 frame.
Cannot extract TOC from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/DL2_1TEMP6_7RESIZE9_4LIBRARY3.000.clib.
Cannot extract TOC from /usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/DL2_1TEMP6_7RESIZE9_4LIBRARY3.000.clib.
Unable to extract frameids from libraries
Unable to extract frameids from libraries
Integrity check failed to proceed.
Unlocking volume stonefs7 ...
Closing volume stonefs7...
Uninitialising thread manager.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Henrik.

You did exit Smoke and made sure that no background jobs are running and that no other workstation  is remotely using projects on your workstsation, right?

Does this command list any orphaned frames?

/usr/discreet/sw/sw_purge -p7 -c

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 6
jaseo

Looks like a corrupt library is stopping vic from proceeding. You could possible ressurect it from auto backups, but it looks like a hidden temporary library used for resizing. If that is the case, just delete it, and then run vic again.

ie. delete this file

/usr/discreet/clip/stonefs7/NONAME/workspace.smoke

_0C847729-4733-47FD-9907-CF3ADDB950FF.wksp/DL2_1TEMP6_7RESIZE9_4LIBRARY3.000.clib

run vic.

It should proceed further - hopefully to completion...

cheers

Jason

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Hi Robert,

Here's the output of the above command:

smokeworkstation:~ henrik$ /usr/discreet/sw/sw_purge -p7 -c
Output log to: '/usr/discreet/sw/log/sw_purge.log'.
Purging partition 7.
Processing unreferenced media...
Unreferenced media on partition 7 purged.
Scanning all files within managed mount point '/Volumes/STONE/ADSK_Media_Storage/ManagedFolder7'...
'ound orphan file '/Volumes/STONE/ADSK_Media_Storage/ManagedFolder7/Icon
Purge partition 7 complete.
smokeworkstation:~ henrik$

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jaseo

Hi Jason,

It helped removing that file and vic ran as it should. But no old export frames are removed nor are they transferede to a Lost+Found folder in a give project.

In my statistics loads of old hidden export timelines, deleted (in the workspace) folders etc. living a happy life.

Onlye way to get rid of them is to delete the entire project / then they disappear!

Message 6 of 6
jaseo

Exported clips go into a hidden library that should be managed/cleaned up by smoke. I think that in some rare cases, this does not happen. You would then have to delete it using the terminal.

cd /usr/discreet/clip/<volume>/<project name>/<your current workspace>/
ls -al 

use the ’rm’ command to remove all _EXPORT entries from the folder

cheers

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report