Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tangent elements

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mikeparsons
1498 Views, 11 Replies

tangent elements

Hi

Im not asking again for something that many have requested, but SOME indication from AD about future plans in this regard would be helpful.

ive added an additional suite which will as all my rooms are float between Smoke, Davinci, Media Composer 7 and FCP. Obviously the tangent element is the best gradign controller in its price range and will be the same as I have on my other davinci but Smoke only uses the euphonix/avid mc color. 

My question is - are there ANY plans to support the tangent elements or am i doomed to have to buy another mc color - i have one on my main smoke room but find it a total waste of space whereas the elements panels get used all the time.

best regards

Mike

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mikeparsons

Hi Mike.

As you surely know, we cannot publicly discuss upcoming plans and features.

What I can tell you though is that this request had already been logged into our database and that I've just added your "+1" to it. I have no idea if and when this request will actually be implemented.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 12
mikeparsons

Thanks Robert. So that's a 'maybe'? If you added a smile or a frown at the end it would help... So it that a
'We have logged the request :)'
Or
'We have logged the request :('
?

I do think AD takes corporate secrecy too far. I mean Apple is pretty secretive - but we all know the main point of mavericks, the new
macpro etc

It simplifies purchasing decisions for the new type of facility that don't have unlimited funds.

Best regards

Mike
Message 4 of 12
Robert.Adam

Hi Mike.

The lack of any emoticons in my reply indicates that I honestly have no idea if and when that request will be implemented. Rest assured that we in Support diligently relay all requests coming from our users, including the weigth of each rquest (i.e. the number of users asking for it), but we're not the ones calling the shots on what gets implemented and when. 

As far as secrecy goes... we're a publicly traded company and as such aren't really allowed to talk about upcoming features, because of revenue recognition issues. Now I'm a computer geek, not a finance guy, so I'm far from grasping the immense (to me) complexities of "rev rec" or even corporate accounting in general, but I do know that I'd probably get a not-so-comfortable phone call in a snap if I were to even hint at upcoming features on a public forum 🙂

Cheers,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 12
davidjahns
in reply to: Robert.Adam

please make this a +2 on the feature request. I also have the Avid MC Color, and it's slightly better than nothing -but would love to upgrade to a better panel.
Message 6 of 12
Robert.Adam
in reply to: davidjahns

Hi David.

I have added your company to the list of users that have requested this feature.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 7 of 12
koraybirand

Dear Robert,

Can you add me to the company list for this feature as well.

Best,

Koray Birand
http://www.koraybirand.co,uk
Message 8 of 12
Robert.Adam
in reply to: koraybirand

Hi Koray,

I have added your name to the improvement request.

regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 9 of 12
koraybirand

Dear Robert,

I have been reading a lot about Smoke 2015. Is there a possibility that 2015 would have elements support ?

Best,

Koray Birand
http://www.koraybirand.co,uk
Message 10 of 12
Robert.Adam
in reply to: koraybirand

Hi Koray.

No, unfortunately the Element will not be supported with Smoke 2015 either.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 11 of 12
ManChicken

I might have an MC Color for sale soon..

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 12 of 12

awe come on, your kill us 🙂 I hear that the next service pack you guys will support it. I heard that from a very unreliable, not in the know source. Well, it was actually me. I just made it up. but, but a guy can dream.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report