Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setups between subscription and perpetual license versions of Smoke 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
336 Views, 2 Replies

setups between subscription and perpetual license versions of Smoke 2015

I've just realised I've inadvertantly started some work in the "Desktop subscription" version of Smoke and will now need to carry on in the perpetual license version.  I can see that archives aren't compatible between the two versions but is it at least possible to pass setups from 2015 desktop subscription to the perpetual license version?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I believe it is possible to open setups between the two versions for now.

When Smoke Desktop develops further, it might loose that compatibility because it will be another version or so beyond the Smoke 2015perpetual which is no longer in development.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thanks Grant.  Good old, trustworthy setups got me out of trouble again!.... IMO it's a bit dangerous allowing 2 seemingly concurrent versions of Smoke 2015 to exist that have compatibility issues. I wish AD had waited for Smoke 2016 when there would be no perpetual license versions to make smoke and flame incompatible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report