Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting mxf xdcam422 file cuts off 3-5 frames??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matty_p
335 Views, 2 Replies

exporting mxf xdcam422 file cuts off 3-5 frames??

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone else has had trouble exporting and mxf file of correct length with xdcam 422 HD settings ? (we have to use this format for outputting dispatch TVC files for TV stations).
When exporting an HD 1080 file or sequence of say 375 frames, the resulting mxf file checked in media hub reads as only 373 frames.

It is cutting off the last frames. However if i add on a coloured source clip of say 10 frames black onto the end, it will output correct amount of frames (now 385)...?

This seems to be an issue of just the xdcam HD version of mxf files; DVCPro HD 1080 format does it correctly...

Im working on 2013.2.2 on an imac 3.4 GHz i7, 32gb ram, SSD and pegasus RAID.

Can someone else confirm this is a bug?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ortoni
in reply to: matty_p

We have same problem, exporting a 30 sec produces 29:20+/-. We have spoken to at least half a dozen other Smoke users in Australasia who have seen this.

Smoke on Mac 2013 ext 1 P3363

Edit: video essence is 5 frames short (so last 5 frames are not encoded) and audio is 29.80 seconds long.

So audio effectively to length as source file may have 20 ms short audio, video is truncated

Message 3 of 3
Robert.Adam
in reply to: ortoni

Hi Michael and Matt,

This was a known bug that should be fixed in Smoke 2013 Ext1 SP1.

Please update to SP1 and let us know if this issue still occurs.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report