Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color shift on capture

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
350 Views, 2 Replies

color shift on capture

Hi I'm running smoke mac 2013 Ext1 with AJA KONA3, during a I/O test to HDSR deck I noticed a color shift when capturing footage into the smoke. The amount of shift varies when I change to various compression settings in the "Cache and Renders" tab in project settings (uncompressed, 422, 422HQ, 444, etc) and do a re-capture of the same source. The source being captured is standard smpte color bars, visually the shift is barely visible but I can see the shift when I look at the vector scope. There is quite a difference in shift between setting the project to 422HQ and uncompressed when capturing the same footage.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing? Although the shift may not be significant, it's frustrating to not be able to bring in something and output it EXACTLY the same as what it was on tape. I've worked with smoke on linux in the past and never had this issue, is this a MAC only thing?

-Jay

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the shift more or less if you capture uncompressed? The shift could be due to the prores compression. I amnit sure, but is there a way to adjust the YUV headroom onvtr capture? That may help.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BKM

There is more shift with uncompresed setting. Turning on headroom shifts gamma, the shift I'm seeing is more of a saturation shift on scope.

-jay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report