Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch rendering Toxik Comps

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ken
Participant
254 Views, 0 Replies

batch rendering Toxik Comps

Howdy All

I need to render out a whole lot of Toxik/Composite projects in one go. Much like using a batch file to render out a whole lot of Maya files (which I can do already). I don't need to edit the files, just update their renders.
I'm pretty sure this is possible but after reading through all the documentation and a number of forums I still have very little idea how to go about it. Should I be creating a python script or a batch file? Should it be calling TXrender? what do my system variables need to be set to?

If there is someone out there who knows how to do this and can either walk me through it, or supply a sample file with some indication of how to use it, I would be eternally grateful.

I'm using Composite 2012 64 bit on a win 7 machine, if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Ken
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
morazz
in reply to: ken

Hey Ken,

If I follow you. You have a series of compositions and you do not want to load each one and render and then load the next etc etc... correct? If so, you can use the command line to use txrender. It is straight forward. Just open a command line and make sure you set the path with this command in the Enironment Variables. "DL_INSTALL_DIR" as the variable and "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Composite 2012" as the Value. This is just to make sure you can access the txrender all the time.

Then just run txrender from the command line and it will display all the variables for you. I do believe once you review this it will become obvious how you want to process the compositions. You can setup a batch file that will run the renders, but just make sure you set it up so it does not run them all at once, becayse you can open multiple versions of Composite at the same time. If you had like 5 compositions , this may be ok since you can allocate specific memory requirements for each instance and so memory will be shared, but I would not suggest this. Just do one render and then when done another. If you have a render manager, like backburner or something else, you can use that to send each composition to the render manager and it will manage how the rendering will be done. You can use any manager, so long as it will access the txrenderer for the actual rendering process.

Just check one thing, make sure that the path that you see in the verbos output list is "userfilepath" This should show your default path and it should match where your preferences.txuser file is located. If for some reason this is different that where the file is, and I seriously doubt it would be, just make sure you get that coirrected.

Have a go and see how you get on.
Mark Rasmussen
VFX - Supervisor | Compositor
Enigma|FX

TOXIK/Composite BLOG
http://enigmafx.ca/efxblog
Message 3 of 4
ken
Participant

Much Thanks.
It does indeed render.
Cheers
Ken
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

Can you guys share your batch files with me? I'm trying to create this batch file but is not working. Just in case here is my batch file:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Composite 2011\program\txrender.exe" -p C:\Users\Root\Documents -userfilepath C:\Users\Root\Documents -c C:\Users\Root\Documents\Composition_v03.txcomposition -v 03 -o C:\Users\Root\Documents\test -s 1 -memory size=1024

Thank you

Emerson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report