Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you like to see with future releases of Composite?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
PiXeL_MoNKeY
1129 Views, 0 Replies

What would you like to see with future releases of Composite?

I know a lot of users are seeing the post to the apps exchange as the death of Composite, but I have reached out to Chris Vienneau about this and asked where a user like myself could send feature requests. With that I would like to start a thread to find out what others would realistically like to see in Composite in the future. By realistic I mean not feature-to-feature competition with AE, Nuke, or Digital Fusion, but where are the little things here and there that could really help to improve the experience? Also, what are the features that you find lacking in the other packages?

I plan to pass this thread along with my own list in a week, or so, to see what Autodesk can do with Composite.

-Eric 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
LenDoublet
in reply to: LenDoublet

Just a further note to go on the record of what Composite does better than the the others - the node graph. The more I use it the more I like it. The visual grouping and readability is awesome.
I currently colour code nodes to show whether they have been animated, or have any instanced values - if this kind of colour coding could be made automatic that would be fantastic!
Message 22 of 24
Steve_Curley

I'd like there to BE future versions of Composite, regardless of what gets put into them...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 23 of 24
LenDoublet
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Absolutely - the initial post was what would you like to see in composite. There you go. 

Maybe one day if Adesk in their infinite wisdom look at Composite again they may trawl through these posts for inspiration.

Message 24 of 24
jeff

I gave up on using it due to the lack of audio support, and the crashes. I very much liked most of the layout, and the node graph was a pleasure to work with. But, abandonware... I don't hold out much hope for any improvements.
I used to use Combustion, so I've learned what to expect from parts of Autodesk.

Max since 1992 (3d Studio) · Win 10-64 · Wintel workstation · 64 GB RAM · nVidia Quadro RTX 4000 · BB render garden via Deadline

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report