Stitcher General Discussion (Read Only)
General discussion of Autodesk Stitcher-related topics, questions, or comments
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...What does "DOUBLE SHOT NOT ACTIVATED" mean?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
374 Views, 5 Replies

...What does "DOUBLE SHOT NOT ACTIVATED" mean?

...after reactivating STITCHER UNLIMITED 5.6.2 with the gracious help of the support team, i get an odd note on the ABOUT STITCHER window that my STITCHER UNLIMITED is activated with a little X below and "Double shot not activated" next to it. Does anyone know what this means?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There was an extra cost "add-on" to 5.6 that let you stitch 2 greater than 180° FOV fisheyes the way iPIX does.

Double Stitch was introduced to switch VR photographers from iPIX to SU when iPIX Corp went into bankruptcy

When Autodesk bought Realviz and streamlined the product line, Double Stitch was inlcuded with SU at no extra cost

If you're not working with the Nikon FC-E8 or E9 Fisheye Convertors for the Coolpix cameras, you probably don't need DS

Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

...so do I just ignore that? I'm just using a 24 mm Nikon lens. Thanks for replying.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If its working fine with the photos from your 24mm, I'd ignore it.

Does it appear every time you open the program or something?

Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

..it doesn't appear as a drop down note or anything it's merely a sort of footnote under the ABOUT STITCHER window when I open that, that's all. I was concerned that it was something i needed to switch on or off in the event that something unbeknownst to me would occur at a most crucial moment(which is all too often the case). But that's it. Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

iPIX Interactive Studio has something similar when I click on HELP. There's an item called "About Plug-Ins" thats a list of plug-ins and when/if they were activated.

Its apparent you don't have the Double Stitch "plug-in" activated, but without a >180° Circular Fisheye Lens or Lens Converter, you don't need it.

Good luck
Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report