Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VTR Setups

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
djsmoke
506 Views, 3 Replies

VTR Setups

I just upgraded to EXT SP1 and noticed that all the VTR setups that I have made for EXT are gone.  I see in the "Select the application to configure" pulldown that both Smoke versions are there and the setups that I made are still available on EXT.  Is there any way of copying the EXT setups to EXT SP1?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: djsmoke

Hi.

Those settings are saved in the application's init.cfg file.

For Smoke 2013 Ext1 that file is /usr/discreet/smoke_2013.2.53/cfg/init.cfg

For 2013 Ext 1 SP1, the file is:   /usr/discreet/smoke_2013.2.54/cfg/init.cfg

There's a VTR KEYWORD section in that file that lists all VTRs you see in the Smoke Setup app.

VTRs that are not enabled have a # at the beginning of their line in that file. VTR lines that don't start with an # are enabled.

You can copy those settings from the Ext1 file to the SP1 file.

I strongly advise creating a backup of the SP1 file before you modify it, just in case.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 4
djsmoke

BRILLIANT!!! Worked like a charm!  Is this going to be the same way with 2015??  

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam

My pleasure.

I have just tested with Smoke 2015 and it did not carry over the VTR settings from my 2013x1 SP1 config file.

So, unfortunately, you'll have to go the copy/paste route again once you upgrade to 2015.

I'll log an improvement request against this.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report