Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting and Bugs

357 REPLIES 357
Message 1 of 358
Anonymous
4296 Views, 357 Replies

Troubleshooting and Bugs

Notice:

I've been asked to inform you all that in future all bugs and suspected bugs are to be posted in this thread as some are getting pushed onto page 2 etc and may get missed. This will make it easier to track and help with all bugs users may experience or be unsure about, and so that no one fails to get an answer about a bug, problem or suspected bug.

Please clearly state your bug or problem , your hardware setup and OS and any relevant details as this will help you to get any problems dealt with faster.

Wayne...
357 REPLIES 357
Message 341 of 358
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Effect file Effects/MBStandardMaterial/MBStandardMaterial.bin loaded and compiled:
Technique MBMaterial passed validation in effect Effects/MBStandardMaterial/MBStandardMaterial.binUsing shader compile flags -DVERTEX_PROFILE=glslv -DFRAGMENT_PROFILE=glslf -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1 -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLF=1
Additional flags:
Effect file Effects/MBStandardMaterial/MBStandardMaterial.bin loaded and compiled:
Technique MBMaterial passed validation in effect Effects/MBStandardMaterial/MBStandardMaterial.binLoading program from file: Shaders/PickerVertex.binLoading program source for the profile glslv, compiled with -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1Adding compile option : -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1 Loading program from file: Shaders/PickerMatrixSkinnedVertex.binLoading program source for the profile glslv, compiled with -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1Adding compile option : -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1 Loading program from file: Shaders/PickerDualQuaternionSkinnedVertex.binLoading program source for the profile glslv, compiled with -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1Adding compile option : -DCG_PROFILE_GLSLV=1 Reporting error:
source: /buildforge/Mudbox_2013_Linux64_Build/src/Mudbox/plugins/GeneralImage/GeneralImage.cpp
line: 2308
function: void GeneralImage::LoadQTImage(const QString&, bool)
Message 342 of 358
pdurette

I am having a problem with students using Mudbox at home.

They create a file in class using Mudbox 2013, then when they try to open it on the academic version at home (also 2013) they get this error:

File version is too new or is corrupt
File name... (It gives the path to their file)
File version 13, current version 12

Again, they installed 2013 the same as our lab. One student brought his laptop in so I could verify this is the case. The file opens fine on the lab computer but not his.

The only difference between programs is that we installed service pack 2 in the lab. I don't think that would cause the problem would it?

Lab computers are 27" 2011 iMac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048MB
Student laptop is Macbook Pro 6,2, Intel Core i7 2.66GHz, 4GB 1067 MHx DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT330M 512MB
Message 343 of 358
sonictk

Yes, installing the service pack does make a difference. I can confirm the same problem exists for me as well. Unfortunately I also have not found a solution to this problem.
Message 344 of 358
blackerfront

Hi! I have the following problem:
The shadows isn’t displayed in mudbox 2013sp2 and sp3 with geforce gtx 660m.
Somebody has ideas, how to solve this problem?

Repost from here:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-mudbox/general-discussion/the-shadows-isnt-displayed-in-mudb...
Message 345 of 358
Anonymous

When I use mudbox I cant move the screen, The screen only pivots around a certain point (for ex: the feet of a person). I am not able to view the other parts of the object unless I am zoomed far out.

Computer: HP AMD Athlon motherboard, pentium 64 dual core cpu 4GB RAM
Video card: NVidia 9800
Message 346 of 358
Anonymous

When I use mudbox I cant move the screen, The screen only pivots around a certain point (for ex: the feet of a person). I am not able to view the other parts of the object unless I am zoomed far out.

Computer: HP AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4GB RAM
Video card: NVidia 9800
Message 347 of 358
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm rendering a diffuse map on a terrain, however, about 1/8th of the terrain isen't colored,just stays defaulth. on my normal plane it is correct. any ideas?
Message 348 of 358
angelbladecobus

Hey guys. I'm having a strange issue. don't know if the problem is with me or with Mudbox. I have a model with 4 different UV tiles for having more texture space to with with. Now here's the thing.

Whenever I create a texture layer in Mudbox and I paint on it,Save the project, Mudbox should naturally create and save the textures with the project, ( which it does and it works fine)
Once I add more layers then Mudbox save out another set of textures with the additional paint on it.Now, once I noticed that I quickly found myself in a workflow issue.

Lets say I have to do some work in Photoshop, I end up having to take all those layers of each UV tile and stack them back on-top of each other in Photoshop just to get it to look the same as it was in Mudbox.( This quickly becomes a very time consuming process).

Then I thought to myself, why not just merge the visible layers in Mudbox?
So I tried that, and ended up crashing Mudbox. It doesn't seem like Mudbox understands the merging
multi tiled layers process.

If anyone can assist me in this issue please help.
Message 349 of 358

mudbox should not crash if you try to merge the layers... if this happens again report a bug...

for the other problem just use the export channel to PSD feature... mudbox will create a PSD for you with all the layers...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 350 of 358

Thank you for the reply. I have tried merging in many times, and every time its the same crash. and When i do use the export channel to psd.It only sends 1 of the 4 uv tiles to photoshop. Is there any workaround for that.
Message 351 of 358

Seems like it did export all of them just didnt notice them. Thank you for the advice.
Message 352 of 358
sjrdigital

Hi there, was wondering if somebody know how’s how to fix this error in mudbox, I have just recently downloaded Maya 2013 and 3ds max 2013 they are all up and running had no problems with the down load or instillation of them.

But Mudbox is for whatever reason refusing to start, the download and installation where fine from what the splash screen told me, but when I click the desktop icon to run Mudbox all I get is this error. I did at first think that the framework.dll was missing but after checking the files and folders and I found that it is present, so I’m pretty stumped as to what it may be? My Windows framework is all up to date I made sure of this before I started downloading anything.

Any suggestion are very welcome, as out of the three application this was the one I wanted to try the most......

Message 353 of 358
ohokke

Hi all,

I am having a very annoying problem with Mudbox (2013 SP3). Almost each time I paint over my model and my cursor exits the object that I am painting on, Mudbox crashes. Exiting the object means that I paint over an object and I move my cursor outside of it or when the cursor hovers over a different object than that I was painting on.

Does anyone know how to fix this or perhaps have a suggestion?

Thank you for your time!!

System Information:

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
Version: 6.2.9200
Service Pack: 0.0
Architecture: 64-bit
Registered User: Wolfox
Language: en-GB (0x809)
Domain Role: 0
Total Physical Memory: 16296 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 MB

PROCESSOR
Number of Processors: 1
Logical Processors: 8
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Version:
Description: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Address Width: 64
Number of Cores: 4
Max Core Speed: 3401 MHz

VIDEO
Card Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Memory: 1279 MB
Driver Name: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2
Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 x 4294967296 colors

APPLICATION
Version: 2013-x64
Build ID: 201211191711-851723
Message 354 of 358
FalconCrest

Hi all,

I am having a very annoying problem with Mudbox (2013 SP3). Almost each time I paint over my model and my cursor exits the object that I am painting on, Mudbox crashes. Exiting the object means that I paint over an object and I move my cursor outside of it or when the cursor hovers over a different object than that I was painting on.

Does anyone know how to fix this or perhaps have a suggestion?

Thank you for your time!!

System Information:

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
Version: 6.2.9200
Service Pack: 0.0
Architecture: 64-bit
Registered User: Wolfox
Language: en-GB (0x809)
Domain Role: 0
Total Physical Memory: 16296 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 MB

PROCESSOR
Number of Processors: 1
Logical Processors: 8
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Version:
Description: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Address Width: 64
Number of Cores: 4
Max Core Speed: 3401 MHz

VIDEO
Card Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Memory: 1279 MB
Driver Name: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2
Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 x 4294967296 colors

APPLICATION
Version: 2013-x64
Build ID: 201211191711-851723

Do you have Mudbox installed correctly, no 'funny stuff' with your documents and settings folder ? Your PC is well equipped for Mudbox, I suggest re-installing or using multiple UV maps, I think it was A.Broody who suggested this for most of us unless you have a video card with gobs of Vram on it, although I still don't follow it, yet 🙂
Message 355 of 358
pht

Hi, I already posted it in "Community Help" but I almost didn't get any visualizations there, so I'm copying here, where I hope is the right place:

Whenever My pointer enters the 3D or UV view, the scene starts to pan and rotate, making it impossible to work (it’s like I’m working drunk 🙂

I already tried turning off the keyboard in case any key was stuck and also disabling Magicprefs (which I use to enable the middle button on the mouse)

When I use my tablet either touch OR the pen the issue doesn’t occur (even if the magic mouse is on but still)

When I close Mudbox the following pop-up opens: “An unknown error has uccured while performing the operation. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

I’m on a OSX 10.8.3
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I’m also trying Maya 2014, but there are no issues there

Thanks

Ps: I’ve attached a video of the issue, there I’m only moving the mouse, not clicking or pressing any key Original post with the attachment

Edited:
I just figured out something: that involuntary pan and rotate are the same as if I use the “scroll whell” in the magic mouse, but it happens even if my finger is as still as possible over the mouse, so is there any way to disable this feature in mudbox? (Yet this doesn’t explain the error mesage when I close mudbox)
Message 356 of 358
zero_custom

Ptex setup

Hi, I have deleted my mudbox folder to ensure that nothing has to do with preferences, before restarting mudbox.

this is the workflow.
mesh: default basic head
-select faces
-create selection set, called "set1" for part of the mesh.
-click on basic head.
-ptex setup
-the default resolution is 1 million tex, better than 1.4K texture
-decrease resolution down to 31K texels , less than 1kx1ktexture
-select the "set1" face
-increase resolution to 135K tex, less than 1k x 1k.
-click done

so far all is good. bugs i faced are.
1)if i were to click on selection set " set1" and click on ptex setup and click CANCEL instead of
DONE, the mesh texel count reverts to the base setup at 1 million tex, better than 1.4K texture

VERY OCCASIONALLY
2)if i were to click on the "basicHead" and create a new paint layer for painting. and use "FLood from camera" and check the ptexsetup. it would revert back to the base setup.

mudbox 2014
windows 7
16GB ram
quadro 600
Message 357 of 358
fuchs.ludwig

Hi all got some serious issue here thats starting to annoye me to a level I consider returning to 2013 software versions.

For some reason my Maya 2014 and my Mudbox 2014 do not communicate properly.
If I export from Maya to Mudbox, Mudbox starts up but does not load the selected model.
Similar in return if I export from Mudbox to Maya.

Further Mudbox 2014 complains it can't find the designated folders for downloaded stencils and/or stamps from the community.

Before someone writes too easy about "you did change the folder" - This is basic installation settings! It worked in Maya/Mudbox 2013 SP3 like a charm.

also about my system its PC Win 7 64bit, 3 Partitions (Software installed on D, Temp and Saves on C)

Hope someone can help and explain this weirdness!

Cheers
Message 358 of 358
DarrenP

thats an issue
the products were installed on another drive instead of C
read this: http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya-station/2013/05/file-send-to-function-fails-in-custom-install-of...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report