Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting and Bugs

357 REPLIES 357
Message 1 of 358
Anonymous
4291 Views, 357 Replies

Troubleshooting and Bugs

Notice:

I've been asked to inform you all that in future all bugs and suspected bugs are to be posted in this thread as some are getting pushed onto page 2 etc and may get missed. This will make it easier to track and help with all bugs users may experience or be unsure about, and so that no one fails to get an answer about a bug, problem or suspected bug.

Please clearly state your bug or problem , your hardware setup and OS and any relevant details as this will help you to get any problems dealt with faster.

Wayne...
357 REPLIES 357
Message 41 of 358
b16eg8
in reply to: Anonymous

Mudbox won't open if it can't find files like:

- Stamps and stencils that I've added to the stamps and stencils tray, but which are not longer available at the location that is referred to.
- If the default directory mudbox creates with files like paint layers is no longer available.

I can understand that Mudbox should show a warning message, but not opening at all is a bit cruel.

I am having this same issue. I have reinstalled mudbox to no avail. Any ideas?
Message 42 of 358
Christoph_Schaedl

have you reported these bug..?
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 43 of 358
b16eg8

Not yet, I figured I would try here first and then try that/talk to tech support.

Huzzah! If you delete the mudbox folder found in your Documents folder it removes the path information and works!
Message 44 of 358
Anonymous

don't know if this is a bug, or it is normal

when i hidden part of object and want to work on the other part, when leveling up/down the hidden part will be unhided !

any suggestion?
Message 45 of 358
Anonymous

Hi,

I am having trouble painting inside my model.
"Show Both Sides" works while sculpting but as soon as I tried to paint a texture on the inside the Show Both Sides feature stops working.

Also of note is that while I was sculpting from the inside of the model the sculpt tools did the opposite to what they normally do on the outside of the model (Push is pull and Pull is Push etc). I can live with the inverse sculpting but the not being able to paint is going to drive me insane.

Has anyone got a solution to this? I really need to get this working for a large contract job I am working on.
Cheers 🙂

System:
Mudbox 2009 Service Pack 2
2x Quad Core Xeon 2.50GHz
16GB RAM
Vista 64 Service Pack 1
Nvidia GTX 280
Message 46 of 358
tomcushwa

My suggestion would be to export your model out of Mudbox. Then reverse the face normals in another modeling package and reimport your model back into Mudbox and then paint on that model. You have to fake Mudbox into thinking that it is painting on the outside of the model when it is really painting on the inside of the model. If you are more interested in the inside than the outside then just reverse the face normals.

Just out of curiosity.. Why can't you just paint on the outside of the model?
Message 47 of 358
Anonymous

My suggestion would be to export your model out of Mudbox. Then reverse the face normals in another modeling package and reimport your model back into Mudbox and then paint on that model. You have to fake Mudbox into thinking that it is painting on the outside of the model when it is really painting on the inside of the model. If you are more interested in the inside than the outside then just reverse the face normals.

Just out of curiosity.. Why can't you just paint on the outside of the model?

Hey Cushwa,

I agree that flipping the models normals and re-importing it would be one way to get around this problem but unfortunately not all my model is internal and if I flip the normals I will end up with the same problem with the exterior faces.

Cheers 🙂
Message 48 of 358
Anonymous

Is anyone else getting the Nvidia OpenGL error 13?
I have had it twice this week already using the latest Nvidia drivers and Mudbox SP2.

Message 49 of 358
tomcushwa

Hey Cushwa,

I agree that flipping the models normals and re-importing it would be one way to get around this problem but unfortunately not all my model is internal and if I flip the normals I will end up with the same problem with the exterior faces.

Cheers 🙂

Then you need to make your model two sided by giving it a slight thickness.
Message 50 of 358
braden99

I have also had a "OpenGL error 13" a number of times. But I just figured out that my object was tiny (maya scale), and all brushes were acting weird. SInce scaling my object up 100x of haven't got a crash so far. Mudbox should warn you if your object is super tiny, because I was confused for a while because my brushes were ineffective. Mudbox should also have a Maya scale setting. So it automatically scales your meshes up on import, and scales them down on export
Message 51 of 358
braden99

Okay after one day I am still getting "OpenGL error 13", it must have occurred about 5 times today! I have a Geforce 9800GTX with latest drivers
Message 52 of 358
braden99

Have sculpted a full three days with only one of those bugs "OpenGL error 13", so maybe I was unlucky at first. Or maybe my computer needed a restart
Message 53 of 358
Anonymous

After a full day of painting in Mudbox yesterday I tried to open the project file again today and it is corrupt. Mudbox crashes as soon as I try to open it. Same thing happens with an earlier iteration and its backup file.
Thankfully it was a painting project file and so all of the image files are still saved and accessible. But if it was a sculpting project file all of the work could have been gone down the drain as even importing the file to an empty scene crashes Mudbox.
The only thing that I've done since the last time it worked fine was replacing the model with a slightly different one.

I'm using Mudbox 2009 SP2 (x64)

I don't know if there's anything to do to fix this, but if not then this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.
Message 54 of 358
Anonymous

Help! When trying to import object files from Maya, Daz Studio, or Poser, Mudbox 2009 crashes and I get a message saying, " Unknown error has occurred. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Q6600 Core 2 Quad Processor
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Windows Vista 32 service pack 1
3gigs of Ram
Message 55 of 358
Anonymous

hi i have a strange problem, as soon as the program starts and i begin sculpting the screen goes white and the program crashes ,
it doesnt take 10 sec and i sculpt nothing , have no idea wt is this,,
i use mudbox sp2 (64 bit)

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista Ultimate
Version: 6.0.6000
Service Pack: 0.0
Architecture: 64-bit
Registered User: Arsy
Language: 1033
Domain Role: 0
Total Physical Memory: 4090 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 MB

PROCESSOR
Number of Processors: 1
Logical Processors: 4
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz
Version: Model 7, Stepping 10
Description: EM64T Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Address Width: 64
Number of Cores: 4
Max Core Speed: 2001 MHz

VIDEO
Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
Memory: 1024 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um, nvwgf2umx.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.11.7689
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 x 4294967296 colors

any help?????
Message 56 of 358
casht

I thought we needed Vista Ultimate sp1...?
I noticed in your specs that you are using 0.0
Also...I know its not what people want to hear but Nvidias Quadros really do work best when running Mudbox.
Message 57 of 358
Anonymous

I thought we needed Vista Ultimate sp1...?
I noticed in your specs that you are using 0.0
Also...I know its not what people want to hear but Nvidias Quadros really do work best when running Mudbox.

i didnt care about sp1 but i reviewed the sys requirement and it is true i need sp1 ,, thank you very much
Message 58 of 358
Anonymous

still the same error everything works exept the sculpting tools and the translation tools and the camera controls

i need to make it work ,, does anybody knows wt is this

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista Ultimate
Version: 6.0.6001
Service Pack: 1.0
Architecture: 64-bit
Registered User: Arsy
Language: 1033
Domain Role: 0
Total Physical Memory: 4089 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 MB

PROCESSOR
Logical Processors: 4
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz
Version: Model 7, Stepping 10
Description: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Address Width: 64
Number of Cores: 4
Max Core Speed: 2001 MHz

VIDEO
Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
Memory: 1024 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um, nvwgf2umx.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.11.7689
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 x 4294967296 colors
Message 59 of 358
Christoph_Schaedl

install newest graphic dirver...
you are on 176.89...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 60 of 358
Anonymous

hi guys,
I DL'd and installed the MB2009 trial for OS X and it rocks. I really like it a lot. Might even be thinking of migrating from that other sculpting package. My only problem is I can't seem to get above a million polys without an annoying momentary brush lag.

I'm working on a MacBook Pro and I checked the hardware requirements for Mac, and everything I have qualifies. I have the "Preprocession load..." set to "1" and I have the gradient background and smooth shading turned off. Those are really all of the speed-up tricks I know. Am I missing something? I realize it's not an ideal MB09 machine, but here's my setup:

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Mac OS X
Version: 10.5.6
Build: 9G55
Architecture: Intel 32 bits
Language: English
Total Physical Memory: 4082 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 4096 MB

PROCESSOR
Logical Processors: 2
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Version: Model 23 Stepping 6
Description: x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Address Width: 32
Number of Cores: 2
Max Core Speed: 2500 MHz

VIDEO
Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Memory: 512 MB
Driver Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT OpenGL Engine
Driver Version: 2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.36
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 x 32

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report