Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting and Bugs

357 REPLIES 357
Message 1 of 358
Anonymous
4341 Views, 357 Replies

Troubleshooting and Bugs

Notice:

I've been asked to inform you all that in future all bugs and suspected bugs are to be posted in this thread as some are getting pushed onto page 2 etc and may get missed. This will make it easier to track and help with all bugs users may experience or be unsure about, and so that no one fails to get an answer about a bug, problem or suspected bug.

Please clearly state your bug or problem , your hardware setup and OS and any relevant details as this will help you to get any problems dealt with faster.

Wayne...
357 REPLIES 357
Message 21 of 358
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When symmetry is on, the local focus randomly jumps between the intended location and the mirrored one. Is that a bug or am I missing something?
Message 22 of 358
Anonymous

Currently I can’t seem to import a selection set in with a lo object from maya, and when I try to create one in mudbox, I either get an issue were I cannot sculpt on it. Or when I can, it breaks all the vertices’ and has an no vertices merged effects.
Message 23 of 358
Anonymous

Flood doesn't work with more than one mesh in a scene?

Sorry, it does. I assumed if you can sculpt an object you can also flood it. But you have to select it first.
Message 24 of 358
Anonymous

Hi forum, I have a Mudfile that won't export to 3ds Max 2009 (maybe its a Max import thing) I always get the message "Error: Invalid texture index"
The obj won't import unless I either uncheck texture coordinates or check import as single mesh.

If I import as single mesh applying unwrapUVW causes Max to crash or freeze. Turning into an ediable poly prevents that. Applying unwrapUVW now reveals that the UVs are strangely welded in one point..

Does anyone know the solution, the cause or *sigh* a workaround? I tried reimporting UVs with no success. Bringing the obj to Zbrush and exporting from there let me open it in Max but with equally screwed UVs.

Message 25 of 358
Anonymous

I've experienced both of these things.
Message 26 of 358
tomcushwa

I am getting blocky errors in Normal map and Displacement map extraction. Why is this?
Here is a clear example with two identical stamps very close to one another. One is good and the other is very blocky. Any advice?? or is this a known problem?

Message 27 of 358
Anonymous

It seems that if I've left a tool using a certain stamp, and the next time I open MB that stamp location is no longer available, I can't use that tool at all. I must recreate the file in the specific location (which is a problem when it's on a network), otherwise I get an error message and simply can't select that tool.
Message 28 of 358
kinetiknz

Hi, I think the performance hit that Mud 2009 has with triangles is just far too great at the moment. Improving and widening the performance is at the top of my list of 'bugs' .

After all, a lot of gaming studios will use this, and we are triangle friendly 🙂
Kinetik
Message 29 of 358
Anonymous

Hey guys!
I have encountered a problem in Mudbox. I just installed the trail version of Mudbox '09 and when I started it the 3DView is a white screen. The strange this is, everything works fine :S
my system meets the demands so I don't know whats the problem:

Message 30 of 358
Anonymous

I bought a student version superpack of 3ds max and got mudbox with it. However every time I open up mudbox it comes up with mudbox.exe has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution. Then when i go into the Problem Reports and Solutions it says the following

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mudbox.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48d47855
Fault Module Name: nvoglv32.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.15.11.7626
Fault Module Timestamp: 48933740
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0026df72
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 00f1
Additional Information 2: 35bce3d3a931351de85f3f944217df6e
Additional Information 3: cf5e
Additional Information 4: c26afca387b57ffe829cf8e4661e15ba

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 957876057

My system is an Acer Aspire 8930G
with an Intel core 2 duo processor
4GB RAM
1791MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600MGS

if anyone could suggest anything then it would be really helpful.
Message 31 of 358
Anonymous

Mudbox won't open if it can't find files like:

- Stamps and stencils that I've added to the stamps and stencils tray, but which are not longer available at the location that is referred to.
- If the default directory mudbox creates with files like paint layers is no longer available.

I can understand that Mudbox should show a warning message, but not opening at all is a bit cruel.
Message 32 of 358
Anonymous

Maybe this one is a bit far-fetched, but I have encountered this situations a few times.

Let's say you have a file with 5 subdivision levels, which were all applied with the Subdivision Options - Smooth Positions turned on (which it is by default).

If this file is saved with current subdivision levels set to 0, you open this file and go back to the highest subdivision level with PageUp and you have the Subdivision Options - Smooth Positions turned off, the smoothing/subdivision will also show as being intended with Smooth Positions turned off, which shouldn't.
Message 33 of 358
Son_Kim

I don't know if it was mention already but i think i found a bug with painting on "stacked" UVs. It only happens within the center line of vertices. Take a look at the picture, the stroke near the center of line become screwed when trying to paint even a basic color.

will this be address in the service pack?

Message 34 of 358
Anonymous

this is a bit weird: i was using mb regularly until the other day when i tried opening it--i got the mb 2009 screen that comes up when it loads, but then it goes away and mb doesn't open! i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but the same thing happens! i ran a virus scan and nothing turned up. 3ds max loads up just fine. i right-clicked on the icon and selected 'run as' and a window came up and said' there is a registry error with the current installation'. any suggestions?
Message 35 of 358
Anonymous

I don’t know if it was mention already but i think i found a bug with painting on “stacked” UVs. It only happens within the center line of vertices. Take a look at the picture, the stroke near the center of line become screwed when trying to paint even a basic color.

Can you import this lowRes mesh into service pack 1 and try painting again. The bleed has been adjusted.
Message 36 of 358
Anonymous

Everything should be working fine now.
Message 37 of 358
Son_Kim

I don’t know if it was mention already but i think i found a bug with painting on “stacked” UVs. It only happens within the center line of vertices. Take a look at the picture, the stroke near the center of line become screwed when trying to paint even a basic color.

Can you import this lowRes mesh into service pack 1 and try painting again. The bleed has been adjusted.

The problem seems to be still there with mirror "on" or "off".Same artifact while painting on a stack UV where they share common vertices on the mesh. On other parts like say a arm, you can paint just fine(since there are no connecting vertices). I hope you guys address this in future version it would be great for game artist!

Message 38 of 358
Anonymous

I'm having the same exact problem with painting on the mirror seam in Service Pack 1. This is critical for game models. As it stands, I won't be able to recommend an upgrade at my company. Also, what is up with the Smooth brush? Even with power maxed out, it seams to be really weak. I'm used to being able to smooth things out pretty quick in ZBrush.
Message 39 of 358
Anonymous

The problem seems to be still there with mirror “on” or “off”.Same artifact while painting on a stack UV where they share common vertices on the mesh. On other parts like say a arm, you can paint just fine(since there are no connecting vertices). I hope you guys address this in future version it would be great for game artist!

Can you send me this mesh please?

Also, what is up with the Smooth brush? Even with power maxed out, it seams to be really weak. I’m used to being able to smooth things out pretty quick in ZBrush.

The brush should be fine. Use flatten brush when you are on a high level to flatten large details.
Message 40 of 358
Anonymous

Hey

This is my first project using Mudbox 2009 SP1.
When I merged my the paint layers together on an object that has five materials, some paint from one material got merged onto all of my materials.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report