Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toxik (Composite) Tips and Tricks and Techniques

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
361 Views, 0 Replies

Toxik (Composite) Tips and Tricks and Techniques

I'm starting a thread for those who were former Toxik (Composite) users or present, to post there tips and tricks and techniques for there workflow or techniques, whatever comes to mind. I know Toxik \ Composite has a small user base it probably will be helpful to those using it, whatever comes to mind, for example I'll start it off which is a question I want to know ?

How do you composite from a 3D program a reflection, refraction pass ?
How do you create a Vignette effect ?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PiXeL_MoNKeY
in reply to: Anonymous

Technically reflection/refraction should be added to the combination of diffuse and lighting info. You can find some more detailed information in the 3ds max help here. For a more image based version of that see the mental ray PDF here, pages 41-44 (47-50 actual page number). The PDF includes a pass breakdown where you can see how the elements are output and can be combined.

Vignette should be a simple modulated exposure adjustment using a Photo Lab with negative Exposure value. Input a radial ramp (Image Generation > Radial Ramp; Start:Black; End:White; Adjust ramp values to fit) into the Mask input. Set the Photo Lab Masking (Photo Lab > Masking Tab) to Channel:Red (or Green or Blue).

Anything else?
-Eric
Message 3 of 5
morazz
in reply to: PiXeL_MoNKeY

Vignette = a circular gradient and multiplying it on the image and adjusting the amount of the mult. Simple!
🙂

If you want tech info my blog is still active.

enigmafx.ca/blog

cheers
Mark Rasmussen
VFX - Supervisor | Compositor
Enigma|FX

TOXIK/Composite BLOG
http://enigmafx.ca/efxblog
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks, I probably will have more question coming. I'm surprised no one else has questions to ask, that is one of the reasons I started this thread 🙂

I have a question that is a little off-topic from the thread, does anyone use "video editing software" and if so what do you use ? Do you find it relevant when you have a compositing program ? Would you recommend any video editors and if so which ones ?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I was hoping this thread could be a "sticky" it would be buried when a tip or trick arose ? 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report