Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke takes forever to load project! Plus export fail...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
davb44
543 Views, 10 Replies

Smoke takes forever to load project! Plus export fail...

Can't figure this one out...

I am working on one shot...5 seconds long...and is made up of 3 clips. There is one clip on Track 1, which I have copied onto track 2 and applied cfx...where I have brought in the other shots and used a couple of action nodes containing various masks etc...nothing crazy...a fairly simple setup...

After I couldn't export the clip, and rebooting and fiddling with network settings and the rest...I managed to archive my clip. Then I partitioned a space, reinstalled the OS (10.7.5) and reinstalled smoke from scratch thinking this must solve all of my problems...of course it hasn't. Now smoke starts fine...can export some colour bars no problem...but once I load in my half finished clip from archive, export completely fails and I get a number of different problems...

1) The job is waiting in backburner - Current task is not responding/Connection refused

2) Cannot access wiretap central through browser - connection timed out/Wiretap server timed out

3) Smoke takes about 40 mins to load the project - Hangs on Editdesk: Loading clips (Then spinning beachball and no export)

All lights are green in service monitor and the machine has one internet connection via ethernet...

The strange thing is once my clip is in the project (from archive) everything is fine...I just can't export or get back into my project if I exit...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Can you help me Robert?? Deadline is looming...
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Robert.Adam
in reply to: davb44

Hi.

Please run the attached app and attach the zip file it puts on your Desktop to a reply.
That zip contains your Smoke config and logs as well as info on your Mac's network connections.

I'll see if I can find any clues about what's going on.

Regards,
Robert.

getsmokelogs2.5.app_2.zip

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 11
davb44

Thanks Robert...
Message 4 of 11
davb44

if I can get attachments to work!
Message 5 of 11
davb44

Message 6 of 11
davb44

Half the problem is just not knowing weather smoke is doing something (incredibly slowly) or just crashed...how long do you sit and watch a spinning beach ball before you force quit and try something else?
Message 7 of 11
robcoulin

hi,

reading your initial post i would assume network/IP issues -
smoke is ridiculously sensitive to the network settings - i have also been watching project launches with the spinning beachball of death for some time ...

i wish it would be better documented (in a single doc), which parameters in what places have to be adjusted to satisfy the app/BB/wiretap -

robert
robert coulin
www.dreamwalks.com
Message 8 of 11
davb44
in reply to: robcoulin

I couldn't agree more rob...
Message 9 of 11
S4FE

Hi everyone,

i'm experiencing the exact same issue

- unable to export (Connection refused)

- takes forever to open a project

I don't know how this problem was solved on your side 1 year and a half ago but if you have get a chance, i could use your experience on solving this issue

Thanks a lot

Message 10 of 11
Robert.Adam
in reply to: S4FE

Hi.

The cause of your issue might be quite different now, as I assume you're using a newer version of Smoke.

Sounds like there might be a network communication issue with Backburner and/or some project locks.

Can you please unzip and run the attached app and then send me over the zip file if places on your desktop?

The zip will contain Smoke logs and config files as well as info on your Mac's network settings.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 11 of 11
S4FE
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier, i was supposed to deliver revisions on that project and i managed to archive the main sequences and reload them in a new project which allowed me to make my changes and exports without any problem.

One week later this second project is behaving the same way so i guess its specific to the medias related to that project. Don't know.

Anyway, you'll find attached the logs you asked for, i lauched that second project (which took a while) then made changes on a sequence and attempted to export. It didn't work. I ran your log app right after.

Hope it helps to locate the problem

Thank you again for your reply and time,

Seif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report