Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke PreRelease 2 Audio Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
djsmoke
153 Views, 5 Replies

Smoke PreRelease 2 Audio Problem

I'm having a problem hearing both channels from the stereo mix down output from Smoke 2013. I only hear the left channel. I'm running Smoke 2013 on a iMac with the Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt Raid, AMD Radeon HD 6970M. 16gig Ram. Any advise? Is there somewhere I can reset the audio config back to default?

Thanks
Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: djsmoke

If you open up the audio meters and see the levels....doyou see both channels? Are they paned left and right?

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 6
djsmoke
in reply to: BKM

Yes both channels are visible on the on the Audio Desk. Both channels are paned left and right. Earlier before this problem started, via the Thunderbolt connection, I used a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter and told Smoke to use the HDMI for audio. It worked when I first hooked it up but after a few minutes I lost the right channel. I'm gonna try uninstalling Smoke and do a reinstall to see if that clears it up. Everything else on my system seems to be working fine.
Message 4 of 6
djsmoke

Ok, I installed PreRelease Version 1 and no problem with the audio. I uninstalled PreRelease Version 1 and installed Version 2. Same problem, no audio from the right channel. Any suggestions? I think this has to do with the Downmix output.
Message 5 of 6
Grant.Kay

Hi,

Perhaps looking in the audio preference menu might shed some light on the issue.

Other suggestions I can think of is your audio mapping might be incorrect.

Check the audio mapping in the sequence as well as the mapping above the audio sliders.

I made a video on the Smoke Learning Channel which might be able to help you out.

Please let us know.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6
djsmoke

Well thanks for all the help, but the audio problem still exists. The strange thing about it is when I run Smoke 2013 PreRelease 1 the audio works fine on the mixdown. Both left and right channels work as far as levels and panning. I watched the tutorial on the audio desk and made sure that all the channels were patched correctly and the outputs were panned to left and right. I have even tried uninstalling Smoke 2013 PreRelease 2 and then reinstalling it from the ground up. This problem started when I used a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter to look at the video output of Smoke on a Samsung flat screen. The adapter said it has audio capabilities so I turned the audio output to HDMI in the Smoke Preferences. The audio played great for about 5 minutes and I lost the right channel. And since then, Smoke only outputs the mixdown to the left channel. Any ideas??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report