Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2015 - Exporting issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
veecheet
849 Views, 4 Replies

Smoke 2015 - Exporting issue

Hi All, 

Thanks so much in advance - 

I am a beginner at Smoke. At first it was fine but then the exports were not happening. 

On a research i found that the backburner gives issues so i religious tried to fix it by looking at the posts online. 

But nothing worked and now i am desperate. 

Please will someone help me. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
veecheet
in reply to: veecheet

Hi Robert,

Here are my backburner log files and the smoke app and shell log files from the time i tried exporting after the reinstall. 

Below is the screenshot i sent you before of the error message that the background task in smoke shows. 

Message 3 of 5
Robert.Adam

Hi and thanks for the logs.

It seems that the issue is with the network communication between BB manager and server.

I noticed that your BB server is not set to localhost in the /usr/discreet/backburner/Network/backburner.xml file.

-> Start by setting that value to "localhost".

-> Then open System Preferences > Sharing and make sure the computer name there is the same that you get at the prompt in the Terminal app. Click the "Edit" button in the sharing menu and make sure the hostname is still the same there as well.

-> Open System Preferences > Network, select your network card and click Advanced. Set "IPv6" to "link-local only".

-> Open System Preferences > Security and make sure your firewall is off.

Once you've done that, open a web browser and go to http://localhost/Backburner. Log in as: backburner (password: backburner), select you manager in the manger list, then select all export jobs and delete them (from the Action button).

Restart your Mac and then try exporting again.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 5
veecheet
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Hi Robert, 

But i am a novice at this. Could you guide me to how to set the BB server to localhost in the /usr/discreet/backburner/Network/backburner.xml file.

regards, 

Message 5 of 5
Robert.Adam

Hi.

follow these steps:

1. Open the Terminal app.

2. Type:

sudo nano /usr/discreet/backburner/Network/backburner.xml

3. Enter your password. The XML will open in a very basic text editor.

4. Use the arrow keys to scroll down to the ServerName and ManagerName tags.

5. Replace the values there (most likely your computer's hostname) with "localhost", so that they look like this:

<ServerName>localhost</ServerName>

6. Press Control+o and then Enter to save changes.

7. Press Control+x to exit the text editor.

8. Open the Service Monitor app and restart both Backburner Services.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums