Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2013 for sale

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
909 Views, 12 Replies

Smoke 2013 for sale

Hello,

I have a new job opportunity and unfortunately Smoke will be not useful anymore. So is it possible to sale my current license ? My subscription is still valid until 01/01/2014.

Best,

Yves

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
joelosis
in reply to: Anonymous

im pretty sure you cant sell it

Message 3 of 13
Robert.Adam
in reply to: joelosis

Bonjour, Yves.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be using Smoke anymore.

Here is a page with information on transferring ownership of Autodesk licenses.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18571898&linkID=9240617

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

The only real way you can sell these things legally is to sell your company too. It's a sad fact that your AD products have no real resale value.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

So what ? Is it possible or not to resale it ?
Message 6 of 13
Robert.Adam

Hi.

Yes, it is possible.

And since you are in the European Union, you do not need to send us a request to approve the transfer of ownership (if the party you are sellling it to also resides in the EU).

You do need to send us a notification of the license ownership transfer.

You can find the form, along with instructions on this page: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18571898&linkID=9240617#section13

There is a French version of the form as well.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Thats very interesting Robert, as everyone I have ever spoken to has insisted that license transfers are only granted in 'rare circumstances' and that purchasing any second hand film would be borderline illegal and the likelihood of a license transfer being allowed very slim. 

I even know people who have had a hard time sending a flame between two companies they owned as it was an international transfer.

As recently as this year i was offered several used flames and enquired about license transfers and was told it was not allowed or going to be prohibitively expensive.

i think this needs clearing up, as the MAIN reason I didnt buy a flame a year ago was the perceived zero value of it should i later decide to get out of flame ownership and dropping 200k with no chance of a later sale really didn't appeal to me.

Can I please get clear confirmation that if I buy one of the many second hand flames I would be allowed to have a transferred license and how much that would cost as your Thai reseller sure doesnt offer that information.

best regards

Mike

Message 8 of 13
BKM
Advisor

I am sure that the Turnkey nature of Flames casue them to play by a different set of rules. Smoke on Mac is just software.. so you can transfer Max, Maya, AutoCad... and now Smoke.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 9 of 13
Robert.Adam

Hi Mike.

The info you have is generally correct. Our software licenses are usually not transferrable to another party, but under certain circumstances, we may approve an exception and consent to a transfer of license.

However, there are special regulations for when the transfer occurs within the EEA (european economic area), in that the parties do not need to apply for an exception from us in order to transfer ownership of their software. This is the case with Yves in this thread. He resides in France. He only needs to apply for an exception if he's selling to a party outside the EEA.

Since you are not in the EEA, this general exception does not apply to you. But you may still request a Transfer of Ownership and we will consider it.

Note that the process for Smoke Mac is different than for the Linux Creative Finishing products. Smoke Mac uses the same process as the other ADLM-licensed Autodesk products, which is outlined on the page I've mentioned in my previous replies.
To submit such a request for a Linux Creative Finishing product, please call our support team.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks Robert,

Its good to know that once again it harder for me that if I lived somewhere else 🙂

Guess I should be used to it by now!

Mike

Message 11 of 13
Robert.Adam

Hi again, Mike.

As, I've said before, even though you're not in the EU, I do encourage you to call us and request a transfer of ownership if you ever need to sell your CF worktation.

I'm sorry to hear that the lack of information about this process has pushed you away from purchasing a workstation last year. We're definitely not as inflexible as you may have been told.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Robert,

Which rules apply if i (which is inside the EEA) was to buy ex. a Flame from the US or somewhere else outside the EEA?

Message 13 of 13
Robert.Adam

Hi Henrik

If either the seller or the buyer is outside the EEA, the SELLER must ask us to approve the transfer of ownership.

Furthermore, as I've said before, the process for the Creative Finishing Linux products is different than the Smoke Mac one, given that our Linux products are not licensed via ADLM.

For Smoke Mac, the seller would fill in the forms on that Web page I mentioned before. For CF Linux products, the seller should call us, whether the sale occurs within the EEA or not. We'll guide them on what forms need to be filled in.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you need any additional info.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report