Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpting issues, Maya to Mudbbox 2015 worflow...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
licensing
534 Views, 2 Replies

Sculpting issues, Maya to Mudbbox 2015 worflow...

Ok, 

so I seem to be having issues when sending a mesh from Maya to Mudbox. Its strange because my worflow has not changed, but all of a sudden my meshes become unsculptable. I'm having to raise the Strength of tools to 10,000 or 100,000. I'm currently modeling in Maya at real life scale (a pair of pants to be exact). Smoothing does nothing. 

So whats with the scale factor from Maya to Mudbox? Whats this head I always here about (the model?) to reference my geometry mesh? Is really a head the only tool to determine this? I swear if Autodesk makes me manually alter a registry I'm gona flip bananas. 

Help appreciated if possible. Please explain your process as I'm not a Python scripter or know all the ins and outs of these tools. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
licensing
in reply to: licensing

I'm answering my own question here. "Freeze Transform" your mesh prior to sending it to Mudbox fixes these issues. Why is a mesh not Freeze Transformed as part of the send process? 

Now I can go eat the bananas instead of going all ape crazy. Solution for Maya to Mudbox 2015.

Message 3 of 3
RobinBall6995
in reply to: licensing

It's always a good idea to freeze transforms after basic modelling or create models at the correct scale to start with.

I guess Mudbox doesn't freeze transforms automatically because you may want the scale factor to keep the model correct back in Max or Maya. It depends what you're doing with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report