Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP2 Interface Flickers

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
FalconCrest
216 Views, 0 Replies

SP2 Interface Flickers

Anyone have Composite 2013 SP2 the interface flicker when starting it up ?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
FalconCrest
in reply to: FalconCrest

I see that composite is a dying app, most have abandoned. I'll resort back to After Effects for compositing.
Message 3 of 14
Steve_Curley

To answer your initial question, no - I see no flickering at all from the point of clicking the shortcut to the point where Composite (SP2 - x64) is fully loaded and ready.

Is your graphics card up to the job? Fully updated drivers?
At least post your system specs - preferably in your sig so we don't have to constantly ask for them.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 14
FalconCrest

To answer your initial question, no - I see no flickering at all from the point of clicking the shortcut to the point where Composite (SP2 - x64) is fully loaded and ready.

Is your graphics card up to the job? Fully updated drivers?
At least post your system specs - preferably in your sig so we don't have to constantly ask for them.

Graphic card drivers are up to date. The system is up to speed, as well. It is bizarre, I never had this problem with previous Composite updates.
Message 5 of 14
FalconCrest

I hope this image demonstrates, what I meant by flicker. When I go to a menu item, the about composite is showing up simultaneously. This happens throughout the program, even at start up, the composite welcome screen is partially showing though while the program loads.

(I hope the image size is ok, I read a rule on this, but forgot, not sure if it applies or not)
Message 6 of 14
Steve_Curley

Images are better attached - large ones like that mess with the forum formatting. No-one likes having to scroll sideways to read the text of your post (part of which is offscreen). Plus, it takes longer to display the thread (due to the size of the image) than when attached as the initial display is essentially a large-ish thumbnail of the image which fits the page width correctly.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 7 of 14
FalconCrest

Ah, that's what I thought before posting 🙂 Sorry, should have listened to myself 🙂 Thanks for the tip 🙂
Message 8 of 14
Steve_Curley

Failing to listen to yourself is one thing, talking to yourself in the the first place is somewhat more worrying 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 9 of 14
morazz

I would like to know what graphics card you are using? Can you confirm this is a card and driver that is support by this current version of Composite? I have seen similar stuff like this in the past, and they where always driver/ GFX card issues.

Composite will not work with all consumer based cards.

cheers
Mark Rasmussen
VFX - Supervisor | Compositor
Enigma|FX

TOXIK/Composite BLOG
http://enigmafx.ca/efxblog
Message 10 of 14
FalconCrest

Geforce 680.
Message 11 of 14
morazz

Well according to Autodesk. This card is either certified or recomended, however the information they do have for Composite 2013, and GeForce GTX 680 is to use driver 301.42
It says it's capability is Player and Floating windows, Reaction interactivity, Playback and Animated Crop, and stereo playback.
Now, having said all this, this does not mean that the OpenGL call that Composite uses are supported by the card. That is all I can offer. perhaps the driver selection may help?

Cheer
Mark Rasmussen
Enigma|FX

TOXIK/Composite BLOG
Message 12 of 14
FalconCrest

nVidia Driver 301.42 solved the issue. It was a driver issue, I'll wait until the next driver release beyond 306.xx before upgrading. Thanks 🙂
Message 13 of 14
morazz

ok Cool, glad it worked.

Cheers
Mark Rasmussen
Enigma|FX

TOXIK/Composite BLOG
Message 14 of 14
FalconCrest

Latest Drivers 310.xx (Jan 5/2013) fixed the problem 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report