Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMOKE_ESSENTIALS project does not show up in list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
240 Views, 3 Replies

SMOKE_ESSENTIALS project does not show up in list

Hello,

I've recently downloaded the student version of smoke and have been trying to follow the smoke essentials training.
I'm using Smoke 2011 SP4, and the first time I started Smoke the smoke essentials project wasn't available. So I followed the following steps to install it manually: http://area.autodesk.com/training-tutorials/exercise_import_media

I downloaded the archive as mentioned in that tutorial, and restored the project from the library, by following the exact steps shown in that tutorial.

Everything seems to go fine but whenever I go to to the project drop down (either at startup or in the preferences), it does not list the SMOKE_ESSENTIALS project. Only the project I created before.

So I tried doing a few things and it seems the project exists, when I load cmtool (/usr/discreet/io/bin/2011.SP4/cmtool), it does list the SMOKE_ESSENTIALS as a project.

I also opened project.db (/usr/discreet/project/project.db) and here is also an entry for the SMOKE_ESSENTIALS project. Project.db reads the following:

#Digest: f47ca3f8e791c6d06c8503851b5f3a49
#Version: SMOKE 2011.SP4
################################################################################
#Projects Database - Do not modify!
################################################################################

ProjectGroups:Unused={PrjGroup1}

ProjectGroup:PrjGroup1={My_first_project,SMOKE_ESSENTIALS}

ProjectGroupStatus:PrjGroup1={SMOKE_ESSENTIALS}

Project:My_first_project={Description="Created: Sat Dec 11 20:51:09 2010",CreationDate="2010-12-11 20:52:55",SetupDir="My_first_project",Partition="",HardPtn="stonefs7",Version="4868",FrameWidth="1280",FrameHeight="720",PixelFormat="124",AspectRatio="1.77778",ProxyEnable="0",ProxyWidth="640",ProxyWidthHint="0.5",ProxyPixelFormat="124",ProxyDepthMode="1",ProxyMinFrameSize="720",ProxyAbove8bits="0",ProxyQuality="lanczos",FieldDominance="2",VisualDepth="8bits",ProxyRegenState="0",Default="False",ModulePattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/modules/<module&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",SoftFxPattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/softfx/<soft_effect&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",TransitionPattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/transitions/<transition&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",ModuleType="0",SoftFxType="0",TransitionType="0",Owner="elli",Group="elli",Permissions="438"}

Project:SMOKE_ESSENTIALS={Description="Created: Fri Dec 4 11:31:05 2009",CreationDate="2009-12-04 11:32:59",SetupDir="SMOKE_ESSENTIALS",Partition="",HardPtn="stonefs7",Version="4868",FrameWidth="1920",FrameHeight="1080",PixelFormat="124",AspectRatio="1.77778",ProxyEnable="0",ProxyWidth="960",ProxyWidthHint="0.5",ProxyPixelFormat="124",ProxyDepthMode="1",ProxyMinFrameSize="0",ProxyAbove8bits="0",ProxyQuality="lanczos",FieldDominance="2",VisualDepth="12bits",ProxyRegenState="0",Default="False",ModulePattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/modules/<module&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",SoftFxPattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/softfx/<soft_effect&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",TransitionPattern="/SAN/<project&lt;/transitions/<transition&lt;/<clip_name&lt;_<date&lt;_<resolution&lt;/",ModuleType="0",SoftFxType="0",TransitionType="0",Owner="elli",Group="elli",Permissions="438"}

I'm not sure what else I should do as the support for Autodesk Smoke seems a bit limited.
Thanks in advance,
Arian
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

This was fixed in SP5... you should be able to install that with your student licence.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 4
Robert.Adam

Hi dizzyone.

Brian is right. The SP5 installer now asks you if you want to have the training material automatically installed and configured in Smoke (see attached screenshot).

SP5 was posted on the Student portal a few days ago.
Please uninstall SP4, then download and install SP5.

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Same question for licensed 2011 Ext1 SP3 release - how can I access the material that was installed for the Essentials Tutorial within the later release. SP5 was uninstalled after finding it wasn't fully compatible with my hardware config.

many thanks!
bt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report