Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3D Import Resolution Incorrect?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ryan
338 Views, 6 Replies

R3D Import Resolution Incorrect?

I could probably do more diligence before posting this but this forum's becoming too convenient.

I'm trying to import 4K-5K R3D files from an Epic into my 1920x1080 project. Oddly enough, Smac thinks the clips are 1280x675 resolution. Why and how can I get them in at 1080HD or even larger?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Grant.Kay
in reply to: ryan

Hi,

You need to change the debayer settings in the import preferences. The default setting is a quarter debayer so that why your files are coming in at a lower resolution.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
ryan

Thanks. So is there a simple way to import R3D at my project's resolution settings? Such as Standard 1080HD? Or do I have to go into RedCine and transcode all the source and just skip R3D import?
Message 4 of 7
ryan

Actually noticed I can just drop the clips into an HD timeline after import and a resize is automatically applied. Would be nice to set a custom / standard import resolution though, as opposed to just half, quater, eighth etc. res; is there a way?
Message 5 of 7
robcoulin

hi,

one thing is the RED debayer - the other is a resize > scaling to some defined size
debayer is always related to the original resolutions - so what you want will (probably) alwys lead through 2 processing steps ...

robert
robert coulin
www.dreamwalks.com
Message 6 of 7
ABC_CNG

Actually noticed I can just drop the clips into an HD timeline after import and a resize is automatically applied. Would be nice to set a custom / standard import resolution though, as opposed to just half, quater, eighth etc. res; is there a way?

Make sure if you do this that you are debayering at at least half resolution before the resize. That way you are resizing from a higher resolution to your 1920x1080 project resolution. Don't resize up from quarter resolution.
Steve Beecher
Flame Artist
Disney ABC Television
Message 7 of 7
ryan

Thanks guys, will try the two step process during import.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report