Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ptex extraction bug in mudbox 2015

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gpinkert
1890 Views, 10 Replies

Ptex extraction bug in mudbox 2015

Hey guys, probably just a 2015 bug here, but when I switch the map type from Texture to Ptex in the map extraction window, it fails to give me the ptex options and still acts like I'm trying to export normal textures.  And then it fails and tells me I need to export a ptex map.

I just went back to 2014, did the exact same steps and it works fine. So it must just be a 2015 bug, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar or found a workaround? Maybe someway to batch a map extraction where you don't need to rely on faulty UI?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

i tested it and its working like it should..

wich texel distribution are you using in the ptex bake settings..?

if you use ptex setup you have to create a ptex setup first... with unified it should work without anything...

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 11
JuanBernardo29
in reply to: gpinkert

Hi, same problem here, and it's annoying since, as I see , you need to use same maya-mudbox release for transfering "on the fly" (using 'send to....').

did you find how to fix it?

Message 4 of 11

mmmm, now it's working ok, I just made sure to subdivide and sculpt before ptex setup...maybe it's that...
Message 5 of 11

Yeah, same thing ended up happening to me. Just started working the next day. Didn't do anything differently, so I'm not sure what was causing it.

Message 6 of 11

Hi i think first check your ptex set up,and saw in to the Uv tile, working ptex, then next assign a Mud Box material in to your model, an after go int o extract maps,  displacement- put the target and source model, and cahnge the set up fo ptex and will work. I have the same problems before.

🙂

Message 7 of 11
MrWalrus
in reply to: gpinkert

I've been experiencing this same issue as well. It seems to occur quite frequently. The only resolution I've found is closing out and relaunching the program (sometimes several times). It appears to happen randomly from what I can tell. I haven't figured out a clear trigger. It can be frustrating and time consuming. I officially reported the bug today. I hope it's fixed soon.
Message 8 of 11

OK i hope this issue be resolved, and thaks for replay

Greetings 🙂
?

Saludos
Guillermo Trevi?o Capdevielle
Message 9 of 11

Has anybody found out a solution to this problem yet?,im have the same issue with mudbox 2016  i tried to close and relaunch the application several times  still not helping. anybody help please!!!

Message 10 of 11
strangerman
in reply to: kinglaw

I've been getting this exact same error and in my case it was caused by the name of the objects, which had ":" in it (objects imported from Maya with namespace) and it was too long also. Once renamed, it started to work again.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 11
NiteWing76
in reply to: strangerman

After "Send To Mudbox" from Maya (2016), a colon was in-fact inserted into the namespace...once removed, the ptex diffuse exported perfectly. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums