Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating project Smoke 2011 SP4

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
231 Views, 6 Replies

Problem creating project Smoke 2011 SP4

Hey everyone! I am new to these forums, and new to Autodesk software. I am having trouble creating a new project in Smoke 2011 SP4. Ive watched the intro videos, but when i go to name my project, it is "greyed" out and i cannot interact with the menu option. Any advice?

Using 21.5 iMac 4g RAM 3.06ghz Intel Core 2 Duo!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
YFNspiderman82
in reply to: Anonymous

Its bc you dont have any Volumes attached. Set a Volume as your media storage so that teh project can be created.

-Albert
Currently TRYING to LEARN (key words): SMOKE for MAC
Currently using: Final Cut Pro 7, Photoshop/After effects on CS6
Current system:
MacPro5,1
12-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
OSX 10.8.3
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: YFNspiderman82

it doesnt let me add a volume from this menu either, is there some other way, out of this interface, that lets you change that?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

it doesnt let me add a volume from this menu either, is there some other way, out of this interface, that lets you change that?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Message 6 of 7
paul.andrews

Hello,

I'd say you blew by the storage definition wizard during installation. But do not worry, you can define it now.

Open the Smoke Setup Utility and then select the Media Storage tab. Here you will find the path definitions to your storage. I assume there are none defined. So you can press the add button to create a path to where you want your storage to live. I have attached a snapshot of the utility with the add window open.

Once defined, use your Smoke Service Monitor to restart all your service, then start Smoke and you should be able to create your project.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Ah! I see now. I did define a location during setup but it was one my external HD and i dont have that with me right now! Thanks, your post solved my problem! Now i just need to learn how to use the actual software haha 😉 THANKS!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report