Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please i need fast help. Online license activation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Christian.T.Roos
470 Views, 3 Replies

Please i need fast help. Online license activation

Today I did setup a new operating system because of problems with the new Smoke2015 again. Back to OS X 10.6.7 i installed Smoke2012SP4 but the license activation allways fails.

The Smoke activationmanager tell me the serial number is not correct but i use this number since a couple of years.

I'm really sad about this activation-procedure because i get in trouble when i cannot get my job done.

What can i do to get my license running tonight???

Much appreciation in advance for all help.

Christian

16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 4000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Christian,

Typically when you receive that type of message, the serial number you are trying to use has been marked upgraded. To verify the status of your license please contact your reseller or the Registration and Activation team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have further questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4

Hi Jessica,

thank you for your response.

This is the first time i have this kind of trouble to get my software active.

I'm customer of Alias/AliasWavefront and Autodesk since 1994 without any problems like this.

I did not extend the subscription in May this year because Autodesk will no longer offer Smoke beyond Version 2015 as perpetual license.
I cannot understand it is impossible to activate any version of Smoke without

- valid subscription contract

- internet connection

- any given activation-code what i have printed on paper by the first activation for all my products.

Is Autodesk policy to get all the user to glue on subscriptioncontract?

Thats not the way that works.

I need to get my job done. I cannot wait any longer!

I cannot place my customers infront of a software in TRIAL-MODE !!!

I'm really more than indignant.

Christian

16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Message 4 of 4

Hi Christian,

As Jessica mentioned on her post, this is likely due to an upgrade to your product via your subscription contract. Please, send me the serial number and request code via Private Message and I'll help you get the product up and running again.

Regarding your questions:

-current versions of Smoke can certainly be activated without a subscription contract. Previous versions do require a subscription contract or that the newer versions haven't been activated yet. A great number, if not the majority, of software in the market, will allow you to activate/use only the latest version of the software you own.

-an internet connection is required as the activation is done on our side, which require information to be send to us via the internet.

-activation codes change for each request code generated by your system (normally one unique request code per OS installation). This is done to protect your license from piracy and undesired product activations by third parties.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report