Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXL Presets Syntax Error: Invalid statement block at line 1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rawalanche
163 Views, 0 Replies

Hi, I recently needed to generated some sort of fractal noise map and i was really disappointed to find out that Composite does not have any such procedural texture tool at it's disposal. Luckily i found that there are at least some PXL presets that could do the job, but no matter which one i try, all of them return same error:

I would really appreciate any help as without such a basic feature i cannot continue my project in Composite.
Core i7 870 @3,2Ghz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX460
3ds Max 2012 SP2
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: rawalanche

Bearing in mind I know next to nothing about PXL expressions...
I just added one and Blend&Comp'd it with the existing stream (just before the Output node) and it worked fine (AFAICT anyway). Tried several of the presets with no issues.

Have you applied the latest SP? (SP2)

Try un-muting the Develop section and see if the text looks sensible - could be a corruption of the expression files. They're in \resources\toolPresets\PXL\* if you want to check them outside of Composite.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
rawalanche
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Oh, sorry, i totally messed up 🙂

Instead of loading the preset in right controls panel where presets dialog is, i was loading manually files via the file function in the development functionality settings.

UI of the Composite still confuses me from time to time as i expect all the relevant node settings to be located in the middle of the properties panel rather than in the right section 🙂

Thank you very much!
Core i7 870 @3,2Ghz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX460
3ds Max 2012 SP2
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Steve_Curley

That might explain the problem then 😉

I think that one of Ken LaRue's blog videos refers to loading Presets (not necessarily for PXL expressions) - I must have remembered the general principle of how to access them. If you haven't watched them (and want to escape the crud on TV over xmas) they're well worth a watch 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
rawalanche
in reply to: rawalanche

Thank you. Gonna check them out 🙂
Core i7 870 @3,2Ghz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX460
3ds Max 2012 SP2
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report