Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2015 - Unsupported Graphics Hardware

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1010 Views, 5 Replies

Mudbox 2015 - Unsupported Graphics Hardware

Hi commmunity,  

Im having a problem with Mudbox where i recieve an error when starting the program up stating I dont have the supported graphics hardware fo the program, somentimes it says my intel HD drivers need updating which they already are and other times it states I need compatible ATI or Nvidia graphics hardware even though I have a Geforce GT 540M in this laptop. This problem seems to have sprung from nowhere as it was fine a couple of weeks ago and is driving me up the wall as I need mudbox for my degree. Any help would be appreaciated as I need this problem resloving ASAP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MatthewDoyleArt
in reply to: Anonymous

How much video memory does your card have? I know Mudbox has to have a certain amount of video card memory or it won't run at all. I see you're using a laptop. Can you give more specifics on your computer?

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MatthewDoyleArt

My graphics card has 2GB of ram and another 4GB in my laptop but I've been using mudbox on it for the past 6 months with no issue. the GPU is a nvidia 540m the CPU is a intel core i7 2630qm and my OS in windows 7 ultimate.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

im having a similar issue. I have a dell xps 64 bit with windows 8.1 12 GB ram intel core i73632QM CPU 2.20 Ghz with a GeForce GT 640M. i get on and off again performance, 1 productive minute out of 5 or 6. This laptop will run Mari just fine. Any suggestions appreciated - thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'm bordering on giving up I don't seem to be able to find a solution it's so frustrating when mudbox is so essential to my work flow

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 6
MatthewDoyleArt

Hmm. I really don't know what the problem could be then. I have been running Mudbox on nVidia cards of all types for quite some time now and not had any performance issues and very few crashes myself. I'm not saying I don't believe you. I do. I just honestly have never seen your issue before myself. I don't usually use Mudbox on a laptop though. Always on a full desktop PC, so the problem could be specific to laptops only. Of other users who report similar issues it usually seems to be laptop users who have dual graphics setups (nVidia card + inegrated Intel HD). The laptop is usually setup to switch back and forth between the nVidia card and the integrated Intel GPU.

You could try forcing Mudbox to use the nVidia card, and not your integrated Intel graphics. You'll need to do this in the nVidia control panel. That might help.

I would report use Mudbox's Help Menu->Report a Problem to send the engineers a detailed report of your issues, so that if there is something going on, they can hopefully fix it so that others do not experience the same thing.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report