Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Surround Sound in Flame Suite

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
OLD_REDLAB.Toronto
566 Views, 3 Replies

Monitoring Surround Sound in Flame Suite

I've posted about this before, but I thought it worth another try. Is anyone monitoring 5.1 in their flame suite? If so how are you doing it? I don't want to decode dolby, I just want to be able to send 6 discreet tracks to a receiver. (digitally) Just wondering if I'm missing something simple here. We don't do audio here, but since all of our HD deliverables are 5.1 + stereo, I'd like to be able to at least play the surround mix here for client approvals.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaseo
in reply to: OLD_REDLAB.Toronto

I believe some people have set it up. It is a matter of converting the audio from the AJA breakout box for your 5.1 receiver (usually analog). You have the AES EBU outputs and the embedded SDI output.

If you use the AES, you can use a D->A converter. You can also de-embed the SDI audio.

Blackmagic HDLINK can de-embed and convert analog in a single box (amongst other things)

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/hdlink/

Hope that helps. It is possible. How you decide to achieve it will depend on what gear you already have.

cheers

Jason
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response. The problem I have is that the system resides in an equipment room some distance from the suite. I don't want to run analog audio that far. The problem with embedded is that the flame doesn't send embedded audio on the output that feeds our broadcast monitor. I think i have the answer in this box from Arvus http://www.aes-hdmi.com/ It's about $1500, but it looks like it will do the trick. I'll let ya know.
Message 4 of 4
jaseo
in reply to: OLD_REDLAB.Toronto

Ah, I see. Yeah, it's the NVIDIA SDI card that feeds the broadcast preview. One option is to embed the audio in the equipment room and de-embed in the suite. But that Arvus box should do the trick nicely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums