Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Hub on ext1 sp1

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
julioleon
716 Views, 13 Replies

Media Hub on ext1 sp1

Strange behaviour on Smoke Ext1 SP1: when surfing the media hub now you have to "doble double-click" each folder to see its contents.

Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Same here... Until I double click again, the preview window will keep giving me a "Loading..." message.

Very strange.

Message 3 of 14

Hi guys.

I've tried this on my Mac today and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. The folders would open on normal double-click.

Try creating a new Smoke user and let me know if the problem still occurs.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: julioleon

If they're going to look at those lines of code can you ask them to make it a single click?

Nuke and resolve feel so much less cumbersome with single click navigation. It literally takes twice as long (or 4x if this is a bug) to open a folder in smoke.

I know the os blah blah but I seriously spend 99% if my life in the app I'm using be it smoke flame nuke or whatever and as a professional computer user I couldn't care less about conventions designed to avoid confusion for casual users.

Mike
Message 5 of 14

I couldnt explain the situation better. Will try the new user thing
Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 6 of 14
julioleon

I tried creating a new user but still the same. I attached a movie showing what is going on. Running on a MBP.

Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 7 of 14
julioleon

Here is the movie

Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

exact the same problem here: uninstalled smoke ext 1, installed ext 1 sp1, new project and new user, go to mediahub, first doubleclick on a folder “loading...” and nothing... after a second click elsewhere in the window the list appears
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I really miss the "single click" to navigate too. 

Message 10 of 14
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

This all sounds like a refresh problem. Where the first click actually works but the UI is not updating. Possibly video card related and why Robert didn't see it.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 11 of 14
Robert.Adam
in reply to: BKM

Well, looks like I'm getting it now too. I've also tried another Mac running an older OS (10.8.5) and the issue is present there as well.

I have logged a bug (BSPR-13546) and have added your names to it.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

If a bug like this makes it to release it makes me seriously worry about QC. I was going to skip this one anyway but can we PLEASE delay the release of 2015 an extra month and just check it before rushing it out the door?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

so maybe we can collect infos, on wich mac hardware/osx version ext1 sp1 is running without the media hub bug?

thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 14
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

I believe this one affects all platforms and OS versions. We have reproduced it on several computers running various OS X versions.

The quick workaround is to click anywhere in the UI or press a key on your keyboard.

Note that the bug only occurs in 2013 Ext1 SP1. 2013 SP3 and Smoke 2015 are not affected.

Mike: we do thorough QA on our software, but it looks that we somehow let this one slip through the cracks.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report