Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language in Flame Premium

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
915 Views, 28 Replies

Language in Flame Premium

Flame Premium 2012

In text effect i Cant write other language as Russian and other.. only work with English.
Whe I change Keyboard layout , i can't add a word.
How i can configure linux for other language..
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a look at the Font field when you start typing. Does it stay on the cyrillic font you selected, or does it go back to "Discreet"?

I've noticed that if I go into the text module with the Discreet font and type a few characters in english, when I switch the font to Cyrillic it sometimes reverts back to Discreet when I start typing again.

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 22 of 29
snopkovgv
in reply to: Robert.Adam

In user preferences my cyrillic font assigned as default font, and I checked, when I trying type in russian - my russian font still active
Message 23 of 29
AEves

Would this approach work for Hebrew text?
Is there a command for Hebrew rather than Russian

Have some subtitles in Hebrew, that do come in using a Hebrew font, but all the characters are the wrong way round.
Characters are in the correct order right to left but just rotated on their own axis and the full-stop is at the wrong end.

Thanks
Alec
Message 24 of 29
Robert.Adam

Hi Alec.

Try this command and then run Flame from the same Terminal window, as I've explained above.
setenv LANG=he_IL.UTF-8

Make sure you have the proper true type or open type Hebrew font.

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 25 of 29
snopkovgv
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Alec, let us know if it working for you for typing
Message 26 of 29
AEves

Followed the instructions with Hebrew and couldn't type any Hebrew characters using the Arial Hebrew font.
Also gave it a try using the instructions for Russian and that didn't work either, using an arial font that has cryllic characters.

Pressing CTRL+Spacebar doesn't appear to do anything, should I see anything change?

Cheers
Alec
Message 27 of 29
snopkovgv

Followed the instructions with Hebrew and couldn't type any Hebrew characters using the Arial Hebrew font.
Also gave it a try using the instructions for Russian and that didn't work either, using an arial font that has cryllic characters.

Pressing CTRL+Spacebar doesn't appear to do anything, should I see anything change?

Cheers
Alec

As I told early((( We can only use already typed text(((( Robert, we need typing on non english)))
Message 28 of 29
GennadiySnopkov

How long time ago this discussion was))) 

I decided to leave one more comment here.

I don't have this kind of problems like I described early last several years, since I'm running on RHEL 6.2)))

I can and typing too...

Message 29 of 29
myeffigy
in reply to: snopkovgv

Does this work for Chinese Simplified and Traditional?

I tried to cut and paste characters from a word doc and it worked in English, but not in Chinese, even though I loaded the chinese TTF?

Thanks Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report