Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue exporting Normal Maps for Maya

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
serafino.alessio
373 Views, 1 Reply

Issue exporting Normal Maps for Maya

Hi everyone!
I'm a total beginner on sculpting in Mudbox and there must be something wrong on my Maya/Mudbox workflow. In order to be clear I have got an example:
I was going to model a simple ground terrain and I started with a plane on which I messed up a bit with the "Sculpt polygon tool" in Maya and laid out the UVs. 

Then I exported the obj and imported in mudbox to add some details on it.

Once happy with it I created the normal map (4k, .tiff, 16 bit), on the picture the map has been already created.
In Maya I used a mia_material_x with my normal texture mapped in "standard bump" with the option "tangent space normal" and with the filter off. This is the result after a render with mental ray and Phisical Sun&Sky. 

It seems like the normal map has a bit of a blur or something like that, therefor there is clearly something that I do wrong and I would like to have your opinions about it. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fade1
in reply to: serafino.alessio

I think this looks ok. You are using two different shaders, so this is hard to speak about details. Plus you can't compare render pictures with realtime/viewport renderings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report