Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Stitcher now end of life?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
7796 Views, 28 Replies

Is Stitcher now end of life?

Seeing as how there seems to be no comment at all from Autodesk about the future of Stitcher and the removal of professional features like batch processing, is this software now end of life? I have a substantial investment in Stitcher over the years and the last upgrade actually removed features I specifically purchased it for. The user base deserves an upfront and honest statement by Autodesk as to it's intentions regarding the future of both the software and support for it.

Thanks

Rick
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
banasm
in reply to: Sam Rohn

I don't think these forums are intended as a "direct line" to Autodesk staff for support or personal concerns, though obviously they do participate from time to time. They are supposed to be about users helping other users. However, with people in this forum posting such "helpful" replies (to real problems) as "ask for your money back," I'm not surprised this place is deserted.

Sure, I'd like to see updates and bug fixes and the continuation of this technology like a lot of other people, but I was never promised any, and my copy of Stitcher 2009 <a href="http://mab3d.com/QTVR/VoyageurCabin_sunset2.html">has yet to stop working. (Click for proof)</a> In any case, look what happened with ImageModeler - all "doom and gloom" and then suddenly Project Photofly as a free download which writes out RZI files.
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

banasm stated:

Sure, I’d like to see updates and bug fixes and the continuation of this technology like a lot of other people, but I was never promised any, and my copy of Stitcher 2009 has yet to stop working.

So if thats the case, how is that batch stitching feature working out for you?

Nobody claimed we were promised anything, but they removed professional features and then put out a paid upgrade without even stating that the features had been removed. You had to buy it thinking it would be full of lovely bug fixes (which it still is a buggy app)then find out that you had just paid to remove a core business feature from a publicly touted professional application.

Feel free to support someone that takes away what you paid for and then charges you for it. You can state all you want that forums are not direct lines to support. But Ill continue to believe that companies who profess that about their forums, are more interested in sucking up every cent from their victims rather then supporting their customers.

Have a great day

Rick
Message 23 of 29
Sam Rohn

no replies at all to direct questions asked to the devs in their own forum over a year ago and that seems acceptable ? seriously ?

it seems pretty obvious that AD is no longer supporting this app in any way, and has no plans to develop it further -

for ANY company in this day and age to completely ignore so many unhappy users of their product posting in their own forum speaks volumes about their "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" idea of customer service

autodesk still markets this app as if it were state of the art & still being developed and supported, which as one can see from the last 2 years or so is clearly not the case, its like leaving a carton of dated milk on the shelf hoping someone is ignorant enough to buy it

as a former user of this product, i feel that the best advice to other users is to abandon ship, the captain and crew are already gone 😞

sam

ps - photofly is an online-only windows-only web app, hardly a replacement for a stand alone mac photogrammetry app like image modeler, and nice pano, but a 3 year old app "still working" is like saying "who needs an automobile, my horse still works fine" - i would strongly suggest having a look at ptgui & autopano, both of which are vastly superior to stitcher in every way, have you compared stitcher to the competition lately ?
Sam Rohn :: Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com :: Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com :: New York City
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous

I'm still using Stitcher as my main panoramic application. I have had Stitcher since release 1.5. I purchased my first Stitcher release about 10 years ago. At that time I evaluated PT as well, but it was not a serious competitor for stitcher. I have also been sending direct mails to Autodesk about the faith of this great software. I have even received some answers, but they didn't contain any useful information.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

Ah, well. It was a good run. I've been using it for years now, for real, actual work, and it is an important part of my workflow as a CG artist, teacher, and an independent contractor for Photographers who want their photos converted to VR. I used it just yesterday, but was puzzled by some problems that seem to be creeping up with Quicktime (can't do a cylindrical projection). If they continue to support it, I will buy upgrades. Otherwise, I'm looking elsewhere. I guess I can always keep my old trusty windows XP machine around for this program alone. It just doesn't play nice with Windows 7, 64 bit and Quicktime (but it's probably a quicktime issue anyway.)
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous

All my QTVR panoramics which I've created over the years using Realviz Stitcher 3.5 are now all crashing when trying to view them!
The image seems to load fine and the zoom in and out works fine also, but when clicking and dragging to pan through the image it crashes every time. This has only been noticed over the last few months. http://www.pmphotography.co.uk/mountains.html Anyone else experiencing this?
Message 27 of 29
tomjelen

I was directed to the blog for help
i own both Mac and Pc versions of 2009 stitcher unlimited and find it is limited also I chat with the help line and they tell me to ask on the blog for information ? what kind of service is that? gee whizz I wanted to purchase Maya and a few other soft ware packages but if the support is this poor, Im not buying nothing till it improves with the support of the software I already own.
I want to deactivate both versions and re instal them on my new machine but I cannot find the link nor the clown to help me accomplish this seeing that I have both versions and twice the money invested in this software why don't these people at least help the PAYING customer out with a link what gives???
Tomjelen@comcast.net www.virtualphotoservices.com
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

Hi Wild Bill yes it crashed but what ever did come up looked pretty nice,you think it may be the quick time ? Maybe it's an old version ? Have e you tried Pano2VR - Panoramic Image Converter it converts your quicktime to a flash and really improves the play . The movie moves more smooth and you can build in a lag to it too.
I found it because a client of mine wanted Flash movies instead of the Qt's, and it's not really that expensive 59.00 Euro great software and they support it too not like auto desk does I needed to reinstall and they have great customer service they were back to me in a day link follows http://gardengnomesoftware.com/index.php
Tjelen
Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

when it crashed it took the entire browser with it so I needed to restart the explorer too

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report