Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing single frames from a sequence

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jamesgrean
735 Views, 2 Replies

Importing single frames from a sequence

Am I crazy or has the ability to do this disappeared? Or has the button moved in 2015?

I have a series of textures, of different resolutions, but named sequentially.

I want to import only one of these, say 05.

But it imports the whole sequence, at the resolution of file 01. Cannot for the life of me find the button/toggle to select a single frame.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jaseo
in reply to: jamesgrean

In - Format specific options - image sequence - clip options - sequence detection, you can select frames or sequence.

Change to frames AND hit refresh on the folder.

You will see the individual frames now. 

cheers

Jason

Message 3 of 3
jamesgrean
in reply to: jaseo

Thanks for the tip.

In terms of workflow and ease of use, Autodesk have really mucked up some things. It used to be so easy and simple to import either the sequence or selected frames. One click - to untwirl the collapsed sequence. Now we have seveal clicks in a different area of the screen. I really wonder why Autodesk are doing these things that actually make the software slower to use.

The whole point of Flame should be to find the fastest way of working, finding the optimal button positions, performing an operation in the least number of clicks. That should be driving their UI decisions.

Currently I feel like I'm looking at menus and dialogs more and the comps a lot less than I was pre-2013AE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report