Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to un-break the tangent of a vertice?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
267 Views, 8 Replies

How to un-break the tangent of a vertice?

I don't remember.... to break it, it's space+B. But How do I get that dotted line back?
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
peppermintpost
in reply to: Anonymous

not 100% sure coz i am actually not sitting in front of flame/smoke but wasnt it
b again and then click the middle point again?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: peppermintpost

No, B doesn't do anything for me. I get the tangents back, when I click and drag, while holding Space+B, but then the tangents are still broken...
Message 4 of 9
jaseo
in reply to: peppermintpost

space + B will switch to break in the edit mode box.

clicking a vertex will break the tangents, indicated by the dotted line.

space + M will switch back to move so that you move the broken tangents.

to 'unbreak' the tangents, you switch to break (space + b) and then click the vertex.

the dotted lines become solid again.

to reconnect the tangents, switch to move mode again (space + m) and click the tangent handle you want to control. The other tangent will then snap to the unbroken state.

cheers

Jason
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hm.... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that doesn't bring me the dotted lines back.

I create a gmask (auto tangent on, so that I have dotted lines). Then I hit Space+B, click the vertice, and the tangents 'disappear'. In break-mode, I click and hold the vertice and drag out, to extend the tangents again (they are now a solid line). As soon as let go of the tangent, and go back to move mode, I now move the left tangent separate from the right. And now I'm not able to get the dotted lines back....
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Am I doing something wrong here?
Message 7 of 9
BKM
Advisor

It's actually Space B for Break and then Space U for Auto and it will set them back to normal, auto tangent mode.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BKM

THANK YOU!!!!
That's all I wanted to know 🙂
Message 9 of 9
jaseo

Sorry about that. I thought you were talking about a keyframe vertex in the animation editor.

cheers

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report