Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create and template folder structure to use project-to-project?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
726 Views, 3 Replies

How to create and template folder structure to use project-to-project?

Our company has a pretty consistent and repeated workflow, so this is simply for organization/consistency sake, but I would like to create a "default" folder stucture when creating a new Smoke project from scratch, and I haven't been able to find a way to do it. 

Ideally, this would be something I could just import, or a script that could be run...

Any ideas??

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Michael.

One way you could achieve that is to create a new empty project, then create the folder structure you want in it and archive the project (or just the Libraries and folders).

Then each time you create a new project, you open the archived template and drag the libraries & folders from there into the new project.

Does this make sense?

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Or a very basic way is to create your folders in the OS. Then drag and drop them into your new project.   

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Thanks for the suggestion!

So after trying this, i discovered that you'll need to nest in a "clip" of some sort (color source or color bars or whatever) in order to drag the folders over....simply just dragging over the Folder Tree Structure I archived would not work on its own.

So there you go! This works great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report