Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Key List

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
740 Views, 3 Replies

Hot Key List

Here is a screen shot of all the hot keys in Mudbox. I missed the compleat list which was in the old docs. In the new docs they have them split up into sections. Sometimes I just want to glace at all the hotkeys at once. I find it very instructional to see all the hotkey and what they do. Maybe someone else would like to see all the hotkeys at once too.

These are the default hot keys except I changed the Undo to z instead of Ctrl z... I would suggest everyone do that

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think many people use the default hotkeys in any app. I find they are never very logical or intuitive.
I've changed at least 15 most often used hotkeys to my own setup, and for the more obscure commands you don't really need hotkeys.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I don't think many people use the default hotkeys in any app. I find they are never very logical or intuitive.
I've changed at least 15 most often used hotkeys to my own setup, and for the more obscure commands you don't really need hotkeys.

That's great.. What are the most important hotkey changes that you have made? What has increased your productivity the most?

I am going to change the B and M hotkeys to A and S so that I don't have to stretch my index finger over to get them all the time. I did that in Mudbox 1 and it worked really well. Havn't done it yet for Mud 2009.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

It's just working out what commands you use the most and grouping them in the same area of the keyboard, obviously around the alt area if that's what you're using for navigation. I also tend to remap general commands like hide/unhide to the same keys I'm used to from other apps, so I don't have to keep learning a while new set of keys and it's intuitive right from the start.
These things are obviously going to be different for everyone, there is no one set of best key mappings you can use. This is why you have the ability to remap keys, and mudbox is strong in this area of letting you remap everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report