Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - importing files from Showcase into Composite

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
melanieschmidt5903
585 Views, 0 Replies

Help - importing files from Showcase into Composite

Hi,

I'm tyring to import files into Composite from Showcase to make a movie (all 2014).  So far I've tried .mov and .hdr files but to no avail.  I get an error message that file could not be imported due to unknown format or codec.

Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Composite is happiest with either an image sequence (a single file per frame) or an .exr file. See if Showcase can create either of those.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6

Thanks Steve for that.

Is it possible to render out a .mov file from Composite 2014? I've imported .tiff image sequence files as suggested and linked them using Blend and Comp.  Is there anything else I need to do to produce a .mov file before hitting render? Thanks. 

Message 4 of 6

I don't think so, though I'm no expert on Composite. Just check in your Project Preferences that the output file type is set to MOV. It should then render a .mov of the output.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 5 of 6
PiXeL_MoNKeY
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Composite 2014 does support output of MOV. You need to set the File Format in the Render Tab to MOV. You should then be able to set the Codec and Quality.

I did get some errors related to Quicktime during start up (can't find QTCF.dll) I copied it from the Quicktime\QTSystem folder and placed it in the Windows\SysWow64 folder to fix that error.

-Eric

Message 6 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: PiXeL_MoNKeY

That was in answer to "Is there anything else I need to do to produce a .mov file before hitting render?" 😉

Admittedly it wasn't quite as clear as it might have been.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report