Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCPX XML from multicam project not loading propperly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
490 Views, 4 Replies

FCPX XML from multicam project not loading propperly

I was experimenting with a multicam project in FCPX and when I imported the fcpxml file into Smoke, it appeared to load ok, but when I opened the timeline, wherever I was using multicam clips, there was a gap or a missing clip message.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
twhitehead928
in reply to: Anonymous

That was the same issue on 2013 for me.  A gap wherever a multicam clip existed, but all other media would relink properly.

Now that I have 2015, a multicam XML will crash Smoke.  I have tried XMLs from FCPX 10.0.8 and 10.1.1.  The XMLs reload into FCP perfectly

I really hope that this get worked out soon.  I need to conform a documentary where every interview is shot with two/three cameras.

Message 3 of 5
Robert.Adam
in reply to: twhitehead928

Hi Thomas.

Could you please send me a sample of an XML that crashes Smoke? I'd like to see if I can reproduce it here and open a bug.

Many thanks!

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 5
twhitehead928
in reply to: Robert.Adam

I created a tech support case 09514862 in which the XMLs are attached. Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Robert.Adam
in reply to: twhitehead928

OK then, I'll let Patrick investigate further and open a bug if necessary.

From what he's told me so far, the issue seems to be with a keyframe you have at the beginning of the third segment. As soon as he removes that in FCPX and then re-exports, Smoke is able to import the XML without crashing.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report